Chapter 42

As Taehyung blinked, he felt as if his eyelids were glued onto each other.

His eyes were extremely swollen and sticky, his nose felt cloggy and his throat felt scratchy. He could also feel the dried tear stains on his cheeks, leaving an uncomfortable feeling all over his face.

He tried to let out a sound, immediately shutting up as he realized how groggy his voice sounded, mentally planning on drinking some water later on.
As he stared at the outlines of the tent, he tried to remember the events from the day before.

He gasped as he remembered everything: the unannounced storm, his outburst, Jungkook...

Wait a second... Jungkook!

He felt his heartrate pick up as he recalled the younger's sweet words, the hugging, the comforting, everything.

"I would never leave you, bubs."

And immediately, a squeal left his throat. Or more like, an attempt of a squeal that was muted by the horrible state of his throat.

"You're safe with me, I got you."

He slapped his hands over his mouth, everything inside him going insane. As he was scared out of his wits yesterday, he didn't really think about the comforting words Jungkook had said properly, however, they did help calm him down a bit.

But now that he had his conscience back and internalized the ravenette's words, he felt like he was going to combust.
The butterflies in his tummy, his heart racing faster than any racing horse could ever gallop and his whole body tensing up and feeling quite powerless as his insides went all mushy, Taehyung felt like screaming out of pure happiness.

And then, he remembered the forehead kisses.

This time, he shot out of his sleeping bag and sat up straight, his throat producing another failed squeal. Well, or, he tried sitting up.

Because there were two arms around his waist, holding him tight and preventing him from any major movements.

As the brunette turned his head confusedly, he came to face with a deep sleeping Jungkook holding him tightly against him chest and, mind you, he was so ready to scream his guts out. If only his throat would let him.

Normally, Taehyung would pull a face of pure disgust and try to pry his arms off of his body immediately but in this case, he laid back down and observed the younger's sleeping face with wide, admiring eyes, internally screeching.

Softly closed eyelids with dark eyelashes touching his cheek and fluttering every once in a while, his lips slightly parted and showing his signature front teeth, making him look like an adorable human rabbit. Not to mention his messy bed hair, as fluffy as ever.

Voices inside the brunette's head were asking him what the hell he was doing right now frustratedly, telling him to stop acting like a creep and wake him up instantly.

But he didn't listen to them.

Instead, he kept staring at the other's sleeping state, his mouth opened slightly and his eyes full of an emotion he did not quite understand himself. It was as if he had fallen in some sort of trance.
And that was when he noticed Jungkook had a mole below his lip, which, in his opinion, even made his already perfect face look a million times more endearing.

And not even thinking about any sorts of consequences, the brunette found himself tracing the outlines of his lips, smiling as his slender finger had reached the mole. The skin was soft, very soft.

Wait. What exactly was he doing right now?

Suddenly, Jungkook slightly shifted in his sleep, wrapping his arms even tighter around Taehyung so that his back was now pressed directly against the ravenette's chest, the other's calm heartbeat resonating all the way through Taehyung's whole body.