0 4 It's Alright To Run Away

Jevelene kept the flower pot on her worktable. Her grandmother looked at her while sitting on her bed, "What happened? You look sad," She asked.
"Yes, it's because I am sad," Jevelene looked at the flower pot.
"And why is that so? What happened to you know,"

"I just...prepared a flower pot for Ariel but he did not accept it and I think I made him uncomfortable by doing something unnecessary."
"Why would a demigod accept flowers from someone like you? They only accept gifts from nuns or priests,"

"I see," She looked down, "I might have offended him. I'll apologise tomorrow,"

"I don't see the reason why he decided to associate himself with someone like you. Not just do you look bad but you are also useless and powerless! You bear no magic!"
"I do, I am a demigod"
"You are no demigod, women can't be demigods!"

"But father said I am–"
"He obviously lied to you to make you feel good about yourself. Look at yourself and then look at Ariel, you are nowhere near, stop comparing yourself to divine beings, you wretch! Never touch him or we'd face the wrath of gods upon us that will bring nothing but destruction!"

"Yes, grandma..." She bowed, "I think someone is... at the shop, I'll go take a look," She ran away towards the shop and ran down on the ground.

'I don't see the reason why he decided to associate himself with someone like you.'
She looked at hands, "I shouldn't be close to a divine being. Grandma is right, I may not even be a demigod," She chuckled.

Next day, she went to get some water at the brook pretty late. It was almost getting dark. She wanted to avoid him. But to her surprise, he was still there, laying on the grass, fast asleep while waiting for her. She quietly walked towards the brook, filled her bucket with water and turned back to leave.

"Hey," He said and she stopped without turning back. He slowly got up, "Where are you off to?"
"To home  You should go back home too, its getting dark,"

"Home," She heard him chuckle, "I am home,"
She giggled, "So, this forest is your home now?"
"No, you are,"

She stopped giggling and looked down while smiling. She looked at her reflection on the water into the bucket. Her smile slowly vanished.

"Why are you doing this, lord demigod?"
He laughed, "Why are you suddenly addressing me like that? Aren't you a demigod too?"

"...I always believed that I was one. But, as I grow wiser, I believe how utterly foolish I've been,"

"What do you mean?" He asked.
She slowly turned towards him with her eyes casted downwards,
"I'm no demigod. I have no sila, no magic, no beauty. I'm just a normal human girl caught between who I am and who I want to be."

He was quiet. She slowly looked at him. His brown fringes slowly fell on his pink eyelids, his green eyes looked into hers and she quickly looked down again. She heard him sigh "Jevelene,"

She looked at him,

"I don't know about you but I talk to you not because you're a demigod. I couldn't care less if you're mortal or immortal. For me, you're just Jevelene."

She looked at his feet. He looked at her red hair. It looked silky. He moved his fingers towards her hair. She felt the heat of his palms on her ear. She shuddered and looked up at him.

He smiled as he looked at her hair, "They feel just like I thought they would, like red linen coming apart," He brought his mouth closer to her shoulder and pressed her hair over his lips, "And falling down gently into a sea of pearls,"

She dropped the bucket and ran away. She looked at her run and laughed, "Cute,"
She entered her hut and closed the door, and pressed her hand over her chest,
'What is this? My heart is beating so fast, I must've ran too much, I'm out of breath,'