4 3 The Real Cost of a Journey

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, ADELAIDA!" Delph yelled, "YOU'RE NEVER MEETING HIM AGAIN, EVER! YOU BETTER LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY OR ELSE YOU'LL JUST END UP LIKE YOUR BROTHER!"
"...What?" She looked at him, "What do you mean?"
He looked down and walked away. She grabbed his arm, "What do you mean, Delph? What happened to big brother?"

"Your brother visited Annelece and caught his disease. That's why he died,"
Adelaida looked at Delph, "I...I-I can't believe it..." She felt the ground beneath her shaking, her feet falling into an unending pit.
"That's the truth," He said, "That's why I swore that I will protect you from Annelece. So promise me," He turned towards her, "Promise me that you'll never ask me to meet him again."

She took a few steps back and then suddenly ran out of the door. She couldn't believe what she heard. So, Annelece killed Galkin? She got on a white horse and ran into the snow, off and away from the castle.

"Knight," Delph said and a man stood behind him, "Yes sir?"
He smiled, "I want you to do a little something for me,"

. . .

Paimon and Leviathan sat on a tree, looking down at Jevelene cooking some fish upon a fire. Paimon looked at Leviathan, "I don't understand it, my lord. Why didn't you kill the gatekeeper? She was so vulnerable, a few more hits and she would've died. The contract would be fulfilled, you'd get the favor of a Goddess and then we'd just go back to Hell!"

"That is the point, Paimon. I do not want to go back to Hell," Leviathan looked at Jevelene.
"My lord, she likes that demigod. They are creatures of light, we don't belong with them,"
"I know, Paimon,"
"You know the only thing that kills a demon is love,"

"I know, Paimon," 
Paimon knew Leviathan was just ignoring him, "Guess I'll just have to watch you die, huh,"
"Demons can't die, Paimon." Leviathan finally said, "As long as cruelty exists in this world, so will I. As per for this woman, I don't know for how long my feelings are the way they are. The moment they waver, it won't be long before she breaks. She has known a demon's love, not his lust,"

Paimon looked at him, "I'll wait patiently,"

While the two demons stood upon the tree beside Jevelene, Ariel and Nataniel sat on a frozen lake. Ariel sighed, "You're such a pain in the ass, bitch boy,"
"But, what did I do?!" Nataniel yelled. They sat at two different corners on a frozen lake, with a hole dug before them. They both held fishing rods, "Jevelene caught three fishes and now she's gone away. Meanwhile, you haven't caught even one fish yet!"
"Neither have you!"

It had been a day since they were out of the train and knew that the rest of their journey to Alkinshime would be on feet. But before moving ahead, they needed food. And Jevelene wanted to catch her own food, rather than depending on Ariel for food since she knew depending too much on his Sila would eventually weaken him.

"Fishing is not my trope. I'm a god of sex, not petty fisherman work,"
"I control ice, not fishes! Besides, she said she'll only eat one fish, we can eat the rest two,"
"So, you're telling me that you are so pathetic that you're depending on a woman for food?"
"You're making it too deep. It's just a fish," Nataniel said.
"No, no, I got it. Thank you, you fucking beta male. NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP! CATCH ONE ALREADY, BLOODY BITCH BOY"

"I am not a bear!" Nataniel said.
"My feet are so cold, they hurt. Fuck you, I'll go warm myself in the fire," Ariel turned the fishing rod into a coat and wrapped it around himself, "Goddammit,"
Nataniel sat on the ice and looked at the hole, waiting to catch a fish. Suddenly, he felt a certain change in the ice temperature through his bare feet. He pressed his fingers on the ice and closed his eyes, and he could hear something, somewhere on the winter landscape.