7 0 The Love We Must Lose

Lori sat before his table with his books laid before him, "I don't study,"
"Well, you are grounded," Someone spoke behind him, "So, it's better to just study for the next one week,"
He got from his table and turned back. A tiny Russian doll sat beside the pillows on his bed, "Books are chains. They write rules of magic and try to constrict it. It tries to give a reason for our existence. But magic is free, and so are we," He walked across his room, and his palms began glowing orange, giving out some shimmers. He waved his hands over various items and they all came to life, the pillows, the cupboards, the tables, the flowers in the vase, the jewellery. 

"Yes, Lori is right!" They all cheered and the doll shook her head, "You all really believe that magic has no rules?"
The piano began playing itself and Lori walked across his room, jumping and laughing as all the books flew over him like birds. The chess pieces followed him like they were his army. He picked up his sword, pointing toward his wall clock, "Oh, Lori, you look so handsome!" The candlestands praised him. 
He smirked, "I know,"
"So brave! So manly!"

He jumped on his bed and looked at curtains that began resembling a demon, "I see the devil!"
"Take it down! Take it down!" Everyone in his room yelled. He jumped at the curtain and began sword fighting while the entire mob sang. He fought all the curtains and won, "Ha! Weaklings!" 
Suddenly, one of the hidden curtains grabbed his neck and choked him, "Ha! Who is a weakling now?!"

"You are," Lori smirked and undid the magic on the curtain, making him inanimate again, "No!"
"Yes!" Lori rose his sword, "I've saved the damsels in distress!" 
"Yes, our Lord!" All the flowers and candles from the chandelier clapped and danced around him. Singing merrily, throwing their petals at him. 
"There are more damsels to save!" He jumped at the window and the bedsheets made a rope for him, falling down his window, "Wonderful, general!"
"Anything for our Lord,"

Lori smiled and grabbed the sheets. 
"Lori, stop! Father would be extremely unhappy about it," The doll came towards him but he jumped down and ran away, "Lori!"
All of them slowly lost their magic and turned back to being objects. He ran across the mansion, hiding from the guards, he toyed a bit with one of them by making his bow come alive, "Thomas, you need to shave your beard! You keep hitting me with it!"
"WHAT THE HELL!" He tried to pull his bow out while classical music covered the atmosphere.

Lori snickered and passed by him while he was busy with his bow. He reached the walls and he began running faster, finally, he jumped over them and reached the woods. He landed on the grass, "Easy peasy!" He ran out of the woods, onto the road and made his way to the town.

. . .

Melissa sat inside a bath, looking at herself while the maids poured some water over her, "Is everything okay, my lady? You seem out of it,"
She shook her head, "Nothing," She smiled.

. . .

Lict and Akagi sat in the other bath, "I apologise for that menace," Akagi cleaned the cake off of his hair. Lict laughed and poured some water over him, "Children tend to be energetic,"
"I suppose so," Akagi poured some water over him. Lict held the wooden bucket in his hands, "Akagi, I ought to ask a favour of you,"
He turned towards him, "Yes, speak if you may,"

Lict explained what had happened to the Shire Towey and what had been happening with the portals due to that. He told him what Vierne had planned and elaborated on how they planned to collect all the twelve stars to create another Shire Towey. He asked for his help to find them. Akagi listened patiently, then, he kept his bucket down, 

"Lict," Akagi looked at him, "I am old and mortal,"
Lict didn't know what to say, Akagi looked at him, "Fragile and silent. The absolute lack of passion and weariness of age has deranged me. And love continues to weaken me. Because the closer I get to death, the more dearly I wish to not die. However," He smiled, "If you need me, be assured, I will accompany you,"

Lict smiled back. That was the last peaceful night he would have, he wondered, as he laid on Vierne's old bed. He got up and reached for the phone. He dialled a number and waited for an answer, "Hello? It's Lict," He spoke and nodded his head, "You must arrive at the mansion tomorrow, before dawn. Something terrible has happened," 

Akagi sat in his study and began going through some old books. Soon, he felt Melissa's hands on his shoulders, "Melissa, later."
She looked at him, "Don't go,"

Akagi looked back at her and furrowed his eyebrows, "Why?"
"If you leave, I'd be alone,"
"I'd return in twelve days, well, eleven" He chuckled.
"But what if you don't?"

He looked at her, "What if you die? What if you never come back?"
He got up and pressed her forehead with his hands, "If I don't, then it was fate. If my stars want me to die, then I have to. But if they want me to live, I will. And I will come back to you,"
They kissed.

. . .

Jevelene slowly opened her eyes and looked around her. He got up and saw that she was surrounded by a huge, curved glass wall and she wore woollen clothes and a cap, "Oh, you are up!" She heard and saw a giant face above her, "AHH!" She screamed and fell down.
"Don't be afraid! I will not hurt you," She smiled, "On the contrary, I saved your life!"
She looked at her, "Are you a titan?"
"What? No, you are just small,"

"That's what a titan would say," She took Jevelene out of the jar and kept her on a chair.
She then, clipped her fingers and Jevelene's body slowly began growing big, and so did her clothes. Soon, she was back to her normal size, "Now tell me, can a titan do that?"
"...Are you my fairy godmother?" Jevelene asked. Cynth laughed heartily, "No!" She picked up a broom, "I'm a witch,"

Jevelene seemed terrified, "A witch?"
"Before you presume things, no, I will not sacrifice you to Satan. You can trust me, fellow woman,"
"Oh! That's nice of you..."
"Damn, you trusted me so easily!"
"You seem nice,"

"What makes you think that?"
"Why else would you save me. You even tended my wounds somehow," Jevelene looked at her stomach, which didn't even have any stitch marks on it.
"Tended your wounds? You had no wounds," 
"What? How is that possible? ...Was that all a dream?" Jevelene wondered. She looked at her hands, "Or did something heal me?"

"Is someone protecting you?"
"Who would?"
"Don't you have someone who loves you?"

"I..." Jevelene remembered those shades of gold that once held her secrets, but now they held her pain as she recalled his final words to her, "Jevelene, could you refrain yourself from being so terribly confounding? You fall on me like a curse. Begone!"

"Do you?" Cynth asked.
She smiled and shook her head, "I don't,"

-To be continued

MelissaDear Ms Lady Demigod: Eight Days To Doom

Melissa
Dear Ms Lady Demigod: Eight Days To Doom