2 4 Water Lilies

They reached his room and Ariel and Jevelene started playing. Jevelene was new at video games,
"JEVELENE! YOU KILLED ME!" Ariel yelled.
"Huh? Wait-That was you?"
"Oh my fucking God! Go to your left!"
"There?"
"Your other left! Ah-And you died!"

She was confused, "Ariel-"
"Shoot!"
She shot but missed the aim, "Aw man, he killed you,"
"Sorry,"
"We are gonna lose!"

"Jevelene, gimme the controls," Cyzarine took the controller from her and sat before the monitor, pushing her aside, "Cyzarine!"
"I got your back!" She shot three enemies.
"Oh my God, yes! Have my babies!"
She laughed.

Jevelene sat behind them and looked at their backs. She looked outside at the window and walked towards it. She looked out and smiled as she looked at the flowers in the little flower pots. She looked down and saw Nataniel carrying someone on the snow.
"You guys, I'll be right back!" She ran out of Ariel's room but none of them heard her. They both were engrossed in playing.

Nataniel dragged the body of an unconscious police officer on the snow by his legs, "Ugh! This dude's heavy!" He said in Finnish.
"Hey you!" He heard and saw Jevelene.
"Crap!" He left his legs and turned to run but Jevelene grabbed him by his ears, "What were you doing?"

"Ow ow ow, hear me out first,"
She left his ear and he rubbed it, "Yeah, well, I wanted to check if I'm gay,"
"Why are you so weird?! You creep me out!" She got down and pressed her head over his chest, "He seems alive,"
"How could you tell?" Nataniel asked.
"His heart is beating, dummy!"

"So?"
"If your heart beats, it means you are alive,"
"Then, I must be dead. My heart doesn't beat,"
"You must be joking, right?"
He took her hand and pressed it on his chest. She couldn't feel any heartbeat, "It's true..."

"I know, right?" He smiled.
"How did this happen?"
"I was born with it," His hands were cold. She looked into his icy blue eyes, "Is something wrong?" He asked. Her face turned red as she could feel his bare skin on her hands. She quickly pulled back, "Not really," She looked away, "Nataniel,"

"Yeah?"
"Am I a boring person? I like books, plants and classical music. I'm not good at games, neither do I listen to rock music,"
"Yeah so? How is that boring?"
"Because...Well, it just is,"

Nataniel laughed, "Is it about Ariel?"
"Yes. No. Maybe? I feel like he loves me very much, or at least he did. Now, he found other friends and I feel like I'm not a very interesting person to be around for him."
"Just because someone desires you, does not mean they value you, Jevelene. Waiting for someone to love you back is not romantic, it's self destruction," He said, "It's not going to turn out the way you hoped it would. Let him go. You're too good for someone who isn't sure about you,"

"But, I don't love him that way!" Jevelene said.
Nataniel just smiled and shrugged. Ariel looked at them from his window.

"Ajax?" Cyzarine stood behind him.
"I don't feel like playing anymore,"
She looked at Jevelene and Nataniel, "They look good together. She looks so small beside him," Cyzarine laughed, "I love couples with height differences,"
"Did I ask?" Ariel glared at her.

"I just-"
"I'm going out for a ciggie," He got his cigarette and walked out of the room. His phone buzzed and he looked at it, "It was getting late so I thought I'd go back home. You and Cyzarine enjoy yourselves :3" It was Jevelene.
He kept it back into his pocket and continued smoking. Cyzarine went home and he walked back to his room. He looked at the diamond water lily on his table.

"I've been smoking a lot, and I'm starting to doubt if I'm breathing you in or smoking you out," He said to himself.

He took out his phone from his pocket again, "You wanna go out tonight?"
Jevelene replied after a few seconds, "Where?"
"Somewhere," He typed.
"Alright,"

He grabbed his car keys, "I'll pick you up,"

"Okay,"

He soon stood before her door. She walked out with a small paper bag in her hand.
"What's that?" He asked.
"Something,"

He shook his head and they got into his car. He drove through the empty streets, up to the highway. Flowers were growing beside the road, spring was coming back. Jevelene stared at his lips, a cigarette between his teeth. The moon was lighting their way, lighting his green eyes to blue. The car left behind gold tire marks on the road and smoke rings. Black jeans, golden skin. Brown hair, knuckles fair. Red cheeks, pink lips. He was looking at the road while she looked at him. She could feel the summer breeze, melting snow
Bare legs, cheep bears.

"Do friends do things like these?" She asked.
"What do you mean?"
"Go out for night rides. Do other friends do it?"
"I don't care about others. We do them," He threw his cigarette aside and pulled out a beer can from the dashboard drawer.

"You sure you should drink as you drive?" She asked.
"I couldn't be more drunk than I already am,"
"Stop the car," She said and he halted. They were in the middle of the woods. She walked out and passed through the woods. He walked behind her with the beer can in his hand.

They sat on the branch of a huge tree and looked at the sky overhead. He lit up another cigarette. He had already smoked three of them that day.
"Aren't you smoking a lot?" She asked.
"I want to die,"

"Well, smoking is slowest way to death,"
"I want to die slowly, so that I don't break anyone by disappearing all of a sudden. I want to slowly cut ties and fade away like ashes of a corpse,"
Jevelene looked at him, "...Is this why I feel like I'm losing you?"

"Aw come on, Jevelene," He looked at her, "Even from the start I knew we wouldn't last," He said and Jevelene felt her heart tightening, "Is it because I'm boring?"
"It's because we both want things from each other that we just can't give. And don't get me wrong, I don't hate you. 
I just hate that I can't have you,
And I hate feeling like shit every time I look at you. You do nothing but make me feel horrible,"

She looked at him, his face was redder than usual. Yes, he was drunk. She held his hand, "But, I thought we are friends. You said you're my best friend,"
"But now I just want to run away and never look back at the people I've known." He looked at her, "I want to forget that you existed,"

She smiled sadly, "Do I tire you?"
"You make me sad, but I still like you," He smiled.
"Like...Like like?"
He looked into her eyes, "Dumbass, I mean as friends!"

"Oh, yes yes," She giggled.
He smiled,
"Ariel," She whispered.
"Jevelene," He whispered.
"I love thinking about you," She smiled.

"All I'm gonna say is,

Don't do that to yourself,"

She drove him back home since he was drunk. He looked at her as she drove. When they reached the mansion, Akagi went to drop her home. It was midnight already. Ariel looked at the back seat of the car. She had left that paper bag there. He looked inside. It was a bunch of water lilies with a small note, 

"Happy 18th birthday Ariel <3"

He laughed and gently pressed his lips on the flowers,
"Well, well, well, if it isn't the feelings I'm trying to avoid,"

-To be continued

Dear Ms Lady Demigod IITwelve Days To Doom