5 7 Birth Me, Again!

He dipped a pen's tip into the ink and began writing on a piece of paper. I sat beside me, watching him closely and he smiled at me whenever he paused. It was a language I didn't know. But I was eager to learn, and he was as eager as me to teach me. I soon learnt that Sylvester came from a superior class of people in a faraway land, who were mortal and lived a finite life. He came from the country of America and said he owned a huge plantation there. That he left for Poland, another land occupied by beings of his kind but in an unfortunate shipwreck engulfed all his fortune, and thus he was left on this deserted, desolate land in the Gulf of Finland. Left to die from starvation and cold.

"Why would your own brother leave you to die?" I asked him because I could never imagine any of my brothers leaving me behind,
"They weren't my brothers,"
"Aren't you the same beings?"
"If seen like that, even you are my brother,"

"No, I am not,"
He laughed, then looked into my eyes, "Why don't you address me as your brother? Because I'm old?" I had never looked at him as someone approaching his senesance. He was a very fine mortal, with strong features, not very tall but very pleasant looking. Mother would have made him a footman if he were to be my brother.
"Because my mother didn't give birth to you,"

To this, he laughed and ruffled my hair. This warmth. I close my eyes to let my senses relax and focus on his warmth. It's almost like fire, except that it doesn't burn me when it touches me. This won't kill me. I reassure me it won't. I look into his green eyes, they seemed to engulf me. I looked down at the candlelight and I heard him chuckle. 

We stood in that library, chocked between those huge shelves, fragile as those glass windows and flickering as the light. I stood upon his shadow, holding up the candlestand in my hands. It felt intimate. It felt claustrophobic. The walls seemed to close upon me, bringing me closer to him. He turned and looked at me, "Do you want to go to bed? I'm sleepy,"

I looked at him as slept on the hay in the storeroom, covering his naked body with his clothes. I looked at him as he put his clothes back on when he woke up. I walked with him as we walked towards the lake and he caught fish. He cooked them over a fire and ate them heartily as he drank a glass of wine. He looked through the library, he wrote letters he'd never deliver. He'd teach me how to catch a fish with bait, he'd teach me how to cut big trees, he'd teach me his language.

I want to be with him.

Slowly, slowly, this land feels cold. 
Slowly, I reach my hands to his hair of gold.
His green eyes are close, so close, it reminds me of woods I've never seen 
Reminds me of places  I wanna go, of places I've never been.

"It's scary," I moved away from his eyes and shifted my gaze to the other side,
"Scared? Of what?" He asked, "I am getting used to your temperature,
And if this continues to happen, then I won't survive in this freezing cold anymore.
Not without you. You must promise me, Sylvester, that you must never leave me. 

Or I'll freeze to death,"

He looked at me, seconds felt like an eternity. I was shaking, when the next moment, he held my fingers into his palms and kissed them softly, while looking into my eyes. Then, he looked at my hands,

"I'm a broken man," He told me, holding his gaze upon my hands, "But you fix me. I don't know how you do that, but I want you to keep doing that...for a very long time," He looked at me. How long is very long? I wondered. For I am a miserable wretch, the last of my kind. And I wished something alive to be beside me as I breathed my final breath. I did not want to die alone.

I do not want to...

"Nataniel, no!" 

Die

"NATANIEL!"

Alone.

So, I jumped into the portal and it sucked me in. All the wolves inside seemed to be waiting for me and they ran towards me. I knew they would kill me. Tear my flesh apart. But I puffed my chest with air and promised myself that I would fight till my last breath. I decided to shrink the portal with ice and so I did. And it worked.

Just then, Jevelene ran towards me and yelled, "NATANIEL, DON'T GO!"
I remember my mother.
"NATANIEL! YOU CAN'T ABANDON US! COME BACK HERE!" Ariel crawled towards the portal.
I smiled. For the first time, I felt that...even if I died, I would be mourned. I would not disappear like my brothers, I will be remembered so death doesn't leave me forgotten, in solitude, but alive in souls of magnificence. You. You make me feel loved without tell me you love me. 

And I do not care what anyone else says, 
This.
This is true love. And you, both of you,

"You're my best friend" 

And the portal closes, bursting into a huge snowball whose impact hit me and the wolves behind me, throwing us down. Snowflakes garnish my white flesh, and I get up and look at those wolves, "I'm a broken man," I make a spear out of the ice beneath me,

"You can't break me any further,"

They seem to understand me and I seem to have made them angrier as they all lash at me at once. I run at them, piecing the spear on some and freezing the others. But they break through the ice and they seem to overpower me. One of them grabs me by my leg and pulls me down. I hit him on his eye and my spear passes through his skull, tearing his cranium apart and holding its brain out on the other side of his head, hanging by the spear. 

I pull the spear out just as fast and lean back further hitting another one on its chest while kicking yet another one away. All this I do while covering the landscape in ice. This is my element. Here, I am me. And I as I, am the most powerful being I've ever met. I throw my spear towards them, piecing the hearts of three of them at the same time while I make another spear and continue killing the rest. I make a cone of ice and crash it into the gut of one while I aim the liver from the back of the other. I move my spear across his jaw and tear open his entire body till his abdomen with one slice. I hit the other on its jaw and completely paralyse it while I crush the nose of another other my icy feet. 

Such a huge body yet nowhere to hide to this unnatural strength. I'm a monster like my mother. The more I kill, the stronger I get. And just like her, I'm pregnant with pure evil and the blood of other souls that paint my hands. At least she got to deliver that. But what about the weight I carry inside my body? It hollows me yet I know that I won't die until I destroy everything that I love. Until I end everything that loves me. I must end.

I look at the field full of corpses of Amaroks, the demonic wolves. Their blood flows down my black, demonic hair. I'm in a frenzy. Anything! Anything I can kill, I pray it comes before me as I run with a mad endeavour, jumping over the bodies of thousands. Demons, come, let me kill you. Thousands are dead. I have lost all. Everyone I've ever killed is returning back to me, haunting me. This has to end.

I vomit. And as I stand there, upturning my stomach among all that blood, I wonder how my life is closing to its end. How miserable my end really must be. He still runs in my blood. 

I remember I ate him and I hate myself for what I did. 
Filthy, disgusting wretch! A monster! Apathy!
I scream mindlessly as I try to get the blood off of my hair. I look at the red sky and roar as it reminds me that I'm in hell,

"Mother!" I scream as I get on my knees, "Eat me...and give birth to me again. I want to die, in the ugliest way, so that my death can reflect what I truly have become,"

-To be continued

NatanielDear Ms Lady Demigod II

Nataniel
Dear Ms Lady Demigod II