3 4 The Prayers Have Reached

Adelaida got inside a carriage with a flower in her hand, 
"It's been three years since Prince Galkin's death, but the princess still goes to visit her brother's grave everyday," The maids talked amongst each other as they dusted the windows while looking at Adelaida leave for the graveyard.

"She loved him a lot,"
"Poor princess, she is so alone. Her uncle is such a brute. I wait for the day she'll be crowned,"
"You think he'll let her take over that throne? I've heard rumors that he poisoned the prince to take the throne,"
"So, will he kill the princess too when she comes of age?"

"Probably he won't," Another maid joined them, "Have you seen how he treats her?"
"He's very nice to her,"
"Just like a father,"
"Or maybe something else,"

"What do you mean? She's ten,"
"LADIES! STOP GOSSPING! WE HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO!" The head maid yelled and they all got back to work. After Adelaida returned back from the graveyard, she decided to take a bath. She sank into the rosewater bath, visualizing those last words of her brother. 

"Adelaida," Delph stood at the door behind the hot spring. She turned back, "Yes, uncle?"
"Mind if I join?"
She looked at him, "No, of course not," She looked down.
He smiled and got into the water.

"Let me enjoy this while I can. Once you grow up, we can't really bath together like this," He smiled and she smiled back nervously.
"Your brother wasn't very younger to me, we are just four years apart. You can treat me as your brother,"
"I'm afraid no one can take brother's place, but I appreciate the thought, uncle."
"You can call me Delph,"
"Delph," She smiled, "I'll be leaving now," 

"Of course, I'll see you at dinner,"
"Yes," Adelaida slowly got up and the maids covered her body with pink towels. The head maid gave a disgusting look to the Delph and took her away. 
"Did he say something weird to you, your highness?" She asked Adelaida.
"No," Adelaida smiled, "He is very nice to me,"

And she was right. He was very nice to her. As if she was his own daughter. He gave her all luxuries, all the freedom and everything she asked for. Except one wish,
"Delph,"
"Yes, Adelaida?" He smiled as he looked over the documents in his hands.
"Can Annelece come out to play with me?"

He smiled, "I'd love to. I'm sure he'd love it too...But, you see, he is very sick. And his disease is infectious. If you go near him, you'll get it too,"
"What is his disease?"
"...Smallpox, that's what they call it."
"They don't have any cure for it?"
"No,"

"In that case, the most I can do is visit his room everyday," She said, "Even though he never replies, one day he will,"
"You really like Annelece,"
Adelaida smiled, "Yes! I love Annelece,"

Delph narrowed his eyes, "What about me? Do you love me?"
"Yes, I do," Adelaida smiled.

Meanwhile, Annelece prayed to the Gatekeeper. Soon, he went into a state of penance where he stopped eating and drinking. He completely immersed himself in prayer and meditation. Years went by, seasons changed. Adelaida was growing up into a young maiden. The older she got, the more charming she became. She had a symmetrical face, a small nose, a forehead resembling a half moon, beautiful blonde locks reaching her waist and slender, white arms. 

Nine years passed, and Princess Adelaida bloomed like a flower. She was eighteen now, the most beautiful girl in the entire kingdom. Marriage proposals began coming from all directions. Annelece was nineteen. Delph's hair had started turning grey. He was worried about her marriage, he didn't want her to leave him alone. He had developed a bond with her. The castle wouldn't just be the same without Adelaida's laughter and the song of her anklets through the halls as she ran.

She didn't like those princess gowns. Instead, she wore light, long skirts that covered her hips and demigod knees and blouses with a low neckline that highlighted her fine cleavage. She had a slender waist, with her long, soft, shiny and fragrant locks covering her back. She wore a few bracelets and anklets that jingled as she ran through the snow in her belly shoes.

This was the time, when Jevelene, Nataniel and Ariel left from Moscow to Alkinshime. They had no idea what was waiting for them. And neither did the Annelece. He had no idea what was coming for him, but Goddess Iris did. Swift footed Iris ran into the divine assembly and stood before the gods, "What is it, Iris?"
"The fairies are in danger! Demons have broken the portal apart!"

"Do not be afraid, Iris," A silver haired god got up. She had silver skin and purple lips.
"Goddess Skadi!" Iris looked at her.
"Help has arrived," She smiled.

. . .

Thousands of demons occupied a forest and burnt it down. The fairies residing in the forest flew around, trapped in the forest. Crying for help and screaming as their wings caught fire and demons began eating them. Suddenly, a golden light lit up the forest and wrapped itself around every fairy, protecting them from the fire and the demons. The demons looked up at the bright light, shining like a star.

It, infact, was a star.

One of the demons shouted, "CURSE YOU! MUSIC!"
The bright light faded and two dark silhouettes shone bright. A red cloak flew with the flow of the wind, a glossy, blue septor in her hand, she wore a navy blue tunic, reaching above her knees, and titanium gladiator sandals. A black armor covering her shoulders and the backs of her knees. Her black hair flew in the wind, she looked down on all the demons.

"IT'S THE GATEKEEPER!"
All the demons ran here and there, "Lict," She said.
"Yes, milady,"
Lict made a golden way reaching the ground and Vierne ran over it, slicing demons with her right hand. Her septor shone bright and she smashed it on the head of a demon and that demon turned to dust.

All the demons ran away from her. She killed the demons, meanwhile Lict rescued the fairies and put the fire out with his magic. Vierne was in the middle of the crowd of the demon, slicing them all up with her septor, when suddenly, she heard bells ringing in her head, and a broken voice screaming,

"Lady

Gate

Keeper"

She held her head and fell on her knees as she felt a loud ringing in her head. All the demons jumped at her after seeing an opening but a golden wall surrounded her. Lict protected her with one hand and protected the fairies with the other.

"Milady!"
She grabbed her septor and ran towards the demons, she rotated it 360 degrees and her eyes glowed blue, "TO HELL WITH DEMONS!"

-To be continued 

Lict Dear Ms Lady Demigod

Lict 
Dear Ms Lady Demigod