4 1 Pull Down The Walls

"We are taking a train to Siberia. Let's reach Siberia first, then we'll start looking for Alkinshime," Nataniel said. Ariel stopped eating his bread,
"A train?" He asked.
"Is something wrong with a train?" Nataniel asked. 
"No," He looked away, "Of course not. Let's go,"

Nataniel got them the tickets and they took a train from Moscow to Siberia. Ariel sat beside the window but slowly grew uncomfortable. Suddenly, he felt a hand in his and moved away, "Are you okay?" Jevelene asked as she sat beside him.
"Ah, yes," He looked out again. She looked at Nataniel blabbering like always.
"WAIT! I gotta piss real quick," Nataniel got up and left.

She looked at him, his brown bangs covered his eyes as he looked outside the window. He looked at her and she smiled back at him. The winter landscape passed behind them in the moving train. He bit his lower lip as he smiled at her, "What are you looking at?"

The cold breeze from behind the window gently stroked her red cheeks.
"Nothing," She looked away.

"You tryna come at me, nigga?" Ariel rolled up his sleeves.
"No,"
"Huh? You tryna fight, BITCH?"
"NO!" She laughed.
"That's what I thought," He smirked and looked outside the window, "Women."

She looked at him.
"Aye Jev," He said.
"Yes?"

"I love you," 
She giggled, "I love you too,"
"I love you three," Nataniel stood behind her, "Oh!" She covered her face with embarrassment.
"But I hate you, fuck off, you bitch boy," Ariel said.
"I-What did I do, man?" Nataniel said.

"Cockblock," Ariel said.
"Get a room, bro," Nataniel sat on his seat, "It'll take a week to reach Siberia,"
"A week in the train?" Jevelene looked at Nataniel while Ariel sipped on cup noodles.
"Yeah, which means a month of me dying in the radiating heat of the train," Nataniel casually slipped a chunk of ice into his shirt.
"Where did you get that from?" Jevelene asked while Ariel fed on some cake.

"I opened the door, leaned forward and grabbed some from the ground," Nataniel said.
"Why do you keep risking your life?" Jevelene asked as Ariel licked an ice cream.
"To stay alive of course," Nataniel said and continued stuffing some more snow into his shirt. Soon, it seemed as if he had a beer belly but he looked relaxed and wasn't sweating anymore. Ariel was eating some chips. 

Jevelene looked at him, "Ariel,"
"Yeah? You want some?"
"Can you stop eating for a minute?" 
"No," Ariel said, "I binge eat when I'm nervous,"

"Why are you nervous?" Jevelene asked.
"Trains give me anxiety,"
"Imagine after a week of this journey, this man's gonna be so fat he will get stuck in the train door and then he'll spend the rest of his life in a train," Nataniel laughed.
"This is why I hate this man," Ariel said.

"Stop fat shaming Ariel, Nataniel!" Jevelene said.
"Why? He keeps bitch shaming me, fatass" Nataniel said.
"At least I am not so fucking weak that I have to stick snow in my ass 24/7 to survive," Ariel said and a snowball landed on his face.
"Shut up. I'm a creature of snow," Nataniel said.

The snow melted away and Ariel got up. The packet of chips turned to a sword, "Now you've done it. I'll cut your icy ass off, nigga!"
"Dude, chill-"

Ariel struck the sword and Jevelene held him back, "Calm down!"
Nataniel got up and ran away. 
"Come back here!" Ariel ran after him and everyone in the train looked at them. Jevelene ran after them, "Guys, we are in a train! Behave yourself,"
They reached the driver's cabin.
"What's going on?" The train conductor soon entered the scene and Nataniel turned him to an ice statue and hid behind him. Ariel stood before him, "I can see you, idiot headass,"

"What-"
Ariel reached him but Jevelene pulled him by his collar and he fell on the train floor, "Do you guys have any idea what havoc you're creating?" Jevelene said as she walked towards Nataniel and he turned the conductor back to normal, "Act civilized, please!"
"Hmm, nice panties, Jevelene," Ariel said as he lay on the floor. Nataniel looked disgusted.

"SERIOUSLY ARIEL!" She covered herself and moved away from him, "I was talking about something important!"
Ariel got up, "My girlfriend's undies are an important topic!"
"Nataniel, please freeze him too,"
"The love you have for me, Jevelene, is quite unreal," Ariel said.
"Get a room," Nataniel rolled his eyes.

. . .

Melissa opened the door to Ariel's room, "Ariel, breakfast!"
She looked around, "He's not here,"
"All the drinks are gone," Akagi read the wall graffiti that Ariel was working on for a few days now, "But baby, so am I,"

"We should look for him," Melissa said.
"He'll be fine. We've raised strong kids, after all" Akagi said and turned back, "Lay the breakfast, Melissa,"
"I'm feeling very anxious," Melissa said, "Nataniel is missing too. Poor kids, what if someone tries to hurt them or they die from starvation or-"

"Melissa, they are demigods," Akagi said, "I know you're worried, but we cannot shelter them forever. Once they come of age, they move out. That's just how kids work. They'll contact us if they need our help, if we try to stop them, they'll never be able to grow. So let them go. As much as it hurts, if you really want them to be happy, sometimes the absolute best thing you could do for a person you love is to leave them alone. Even if it breaks you,"

"Dad!" Lori shouted from downstairs, "We still have one more brat to take care of," Akagi smiled.

. . .

As days passed, their destination seemed closer. Ariel looked outside the window at the flower fields, a bright smile covered his face, "Vackra sunnanvind" He whispered. Sheep covered the green landscape, with shepherds walking behind them. Jevelene sat beside him, looking at the scenery. They looked at each other and smiled, "It's pretty, isn't it?" Jevelene asked.
"Not more than you," He said.

"Cringe," Nataniel said as he sucked on a block of ice, sitting on the seat opposite to them.
"Nigga, did I ask?" Ariel said.
"No,"
"Exactly, shut the fuck up,"

"I-...I'll get more ice," Nataniel went away.
"You're so mean to Nate," Jevelene said.
"Wewewe, you're always crying," Ariel said in a shrill voice.
"I-...I don't sound like that when I cry,"
"Hey, hey Jevelene,"

"Yes?"
"Shhh," He pressed a finger over his lip and she looked at him, "I love you," He whispered.
She shook her head while smiling, "You're so weird,"
"You should've known what's coming for you when you confessed," He smiled.

. . .

Lict opened his eyes and looked at the empty bed. He slowly got up and looked around. Vierne wasn't there, and neither was the septor. Blue cherry blossoms flew in the sky outside, he squinted his hazel eyes as he looked outside. He pressed his chest, "Milady?" He got up and wore his clothes, "Something happened while I was asleep," His eyes glowed yellow, "Unis," A castle maiden appeared behind him, 

"I'm leaving the castle for a while. The gatekeeper is away, pull down the walls till she returns,"
"As you wish, Music,"

-To be continued

Vierne ObolenskyDear Ms Lady Demigod

Vierne Obolensky
Dear Ms Lady Demigod