Chapter 15

"What?"

"What?"

Irene looked at me with a serious face, her eyes spoke with sincerity.

"Marry me." She repeated

"Pft-" I snorted at her as her eyes narrowed, "You think it's hilarious?"

"Well you don't see or hear people demanding you to marry a random person now, don't we?" Irene contemplated. She clasped my shoulder, "Will you though?"

"Though-what?"

"Me...marry me."

I looked around to see if they are any type of cameras lingering in the room, checking if I'm on television live, I probably look like an idiot in the masses. "But why though?"

"Because I lied that you're engaged to me." I slowly blinked at her and processed her words.

"You what?"

"Believe me, I know." Irene sighed as I stare at her in disbelief. "To who?" I ask, waiting patiently for her reply. 

"The brand ambassador for Gucci, and the entire press." My jaw dropped, "THE ENTIRE PRESS?"

"The brand ambassador for Gucci is one thing, but the entire press?" I wave my hand in dismissal. She heaved a sigh and covered her face with her hands. 

"And who is the ambassador for Gucci?" 

"Kim Taehyung." She grumbled, I stare at her with confusion. 

"What what about Kim Taehyung?" 

"That man kept pestering about our visuals being the best combination in all of the brands, if we dated he'd guess that our sales will go higher." Her lips curled into a frown, "He keep mentioning it to the press and it was starting to get in my damn veins." 

"Was it like a press conference because I wasn't aware of it existing and Jennie never mentioned it." Speculation masked my voice as Irene turns her body towards me with an irritated look.

"It was a press conference between the brands of Milan, and the new designs and the new releases." 

"Then someone from Burberry then mentioned about relaxing here in Milan with his girlfriend, then the press started asking each of us who were we dating." 

"That was out of context." I remarked as she chuckles, "Believe me, I wanted to escape the moment they asked such questions."

"And how's Taehyung related to all of this?"

Irene heaved a sigh, "When he was asked, he said no. He isn't dating anyone and when the press asked. It's because he's interested in one of us brand ambassadors."

"And let me guess, you huh?" I smirked at her, ignoring the pang in my heart. 

"Yes, but he doesn't interest me." She smiled at me, "I said no in the press conference."