Chapter 82

"Now Hwang Y/N, are you interested in having me as a guardian and source of power?"

You stare at the demon before you in shock, "Why are you asking me this?" The serpent hissed softly as it locked eyes with you, "The old gods are dead, and I have my days numbered while I stay here for more than a millennium." You place your hands on your hips as you shift your weight on the other feet. "And what does it have to do with me?"

"You were brought here by another celestial being, and made you lose that arm." You tilt your head as you look at the tendril that's snugly wrapped around your arm, "You want to know why?"

Its tail pointed at the resting tendrils behind your back, "Because that thing, sees everything."

"And it's about time we do something about those angels who dared to touch your family."

You pondered for a moment, your hands rest against your hips as you shift your weight to your other foot. "And if I allow you to my source of power?" The Neolithic demon grinned widely as it rests its head against the water. "What would happen to me if I let you?"

"Well little one, my abilities would be passed on to you, " Neosirth leaned close, "And I will be tied to you as you use my abilities at your disposal and I will become your guardian."

"And if I don't?"

"The answer is clear," The demon replies, "I will rot to nothingness."

You paused as you weigh your choices, part of you wanted to take it all-too-willingly for the sake of helping Irene to keep your family and loved ones safe, and part of you is suspicious on what else this serpent has in store of its offer, tendrils from your spine pulsed calmly as the points turn to your direction, as if waiting for a reply as the other one that is wrapped around your bicep pulsed in harmony with the ones at your back.

You huff in revelation as you plant your foot against the wet ground and locked eyes with the gargantuan serpent, "Can I trust you?"

The demon merely chuckled, "We were once the most trusted beings, little one. Have a little faith in me."

Gulping down hard, you raise your open palm at the demon, "Then I accept your offer." The serpent grinned widely, showing its vicious large sharp teeth as its body circled you as if caging you from escaping such a deal.

"Are you sure with your choices, mortal?" It asks again as it looms above you. "If I die, you'll die too and vice-versa."

"I.." You paused before inhaling sharply, "I'm confident with my choice."

The posture of the demon became poised as it straightens its back, "Very well," Neosirth leaned its snout close to your front as your intact hand touches the dry scales. The serpent's form began to turn to crimson liquid red, like blood as it wraps around your still-intact hand before traveling all over your body, its tendrils coiled tightly around you before piercing the skin, making you reel in pain and shock as your body felt like it was ignited with flames, you let out a pained yelp as the tendril that's coiled on your severed arm singed the flesh.