Chapter 69

December 16, 1996

December 16, 1996

Jang Jihun was ecstatic, the flowers were ready and his engagement ring was on set. Last night he was finally able to secure the position of Vice Chairman and is now looking forward to being 'the chairman' of his father's company. And now to seal another win...getting to marry the woman of his dreams.

He called for his secretary, "Mingyu! Come here!" The rushed footsteps echoed throughout the room, and there he was, his secretary. "Yes, Vice-chairman Jang?"

"Tell the restaurant to get ready," His smile almost making his cheeks hurt. "And send a chauffeur to her house." His employee bowed and walked off, leaving him to fix his tie. He noticed that his fingers were shaking, laughing in amusement he decided to ditch the thought of wearing a tie.

"Forget it," He mused, "I look good, with or without a necktie."

"Vice-chairman," His secretary called. "The car's ready, please get in now." He grinned as jogged towards his vehicle, to the point that he stumbled. "Careful!" His secretary scolded as he only gave him a laugh.

"Sorry just excited."

Mingyu rolled his eyes, "The hospital doesn't have enough room for your stupidity Vice-chairman Jang." Jihun rolled his eyes and gestured at his car, "Well? Take me to my date!"

"Once you're seated!"

"Fine!" The vice-chairman entered the car and his hands swiftly take the seatbelt as Mingyu revved the car's engine, and they're off to the said location. The guards welcome him respectively as he strides towards the entrance of the restaurant, the waiters tailed him as he sees a familiar woman wearing a white dress, her hair was short and her hands played with the wine glass, expression solemn and calm.

She didn't notice him until he was standing right in front of her holding purple tulips, her favorite flower. "Ah, Jihun," She greeted with a small smile, yet her eyes held warmth in them.

Jihun returns it with a wide grin, as he hands the flowers, waiting for her to take them.

"Hello, Minjeong."

__________________________

You huff out air as you watch with the other journalist and VIP's and other people, you sat along with Yeri and Sooyoung in which Irene had asked to put a close guard on you, but you didn't mind, knowing that with Yeri and Joy there's never a dull moment with them. Yeri sipped her iced coffee while Joy yawned as Taehyung babbles on about his trip to Paris, your poor boss, and the host listened attentively to what he has to say.

"And then I met this one dude from the bar, and did you know I played soccer as well?"

"Yeah, no one asked." Joy whispers, making you snicker as Yeri inaudibly yawns. "How long did we sit here?" You shrug your shoulders as your eyes bore on the man, "He's been talking for ages now."