Chapter 68

Your hands fidget as you sit before your parents, Irene who sat beside you, wearing a double-breasted coral pink pantsuit with white heels, while you wore a Celine shirt dress in Triomphé, paired with a medium Eperon chain belt and Claude boots in...

Your hands fidget as you sit before your parents, Irene who sat beside you, wearing a double-breasted coral pink pantsuit with white heels, while you wore a Celine shirt dress in Triomphé, paired with a medium Eperon chain belt and Claude boots in calfskin, your mother smiled. "What brings you here Y/N? You should have called."

You chuckled while Irene smiled warmly at your mother, "How was the golfing trip, mom?" Minjeong giggled, "My aim is poor so I let your father do his thing."

Speaking of father.....

"Where is he?" You ask as Irene's arm drape over your shoulder, your mother scoffed. "Off to park that damn golf cart, you know what Y/N, what's the occasion?"

Irene and you shared a glance, "We'll tell once Eunseok is here." Irene answers, deciding to change the topic, your mother asks: "How's marriage going for the both of you?" You blush as the empress guffaws, "It hasn't hit hard yet." You answered with a smile. "It feels like nothing changed."

Irene smirks, "Well except for the fact that she's called Mrs. Bae now," And looks at you with mirth and fondness. "Marrying your daughter is the greatest decision I've ever made in my 900 years of existence." That statement made your mother's eyes widened.

"900!?"

Oops...😬 Did you forget to mention that the woman you married is nine centuries older than you? Well...now you know. Your mother's mouth is agape as she gawks at Irene, "But she looks youthful!"

"Pros of being the duchess-no, I mean empress of the underworld." Irene smiled, "Despite my age, I'm still the same since the last time we met, Minjeong." Your mom cleared her throat, "What else should I know?"

Before she can continue, another voice broke out. "Woah, you're all here."

Oh no... "Dad," You muttered as he sits down, "Well, what's the occasion? And why are you both dressed so formally?" You chuckled nervously as Irene held your hand. "We have an announcement to make."

Both your parents shared a curious glance, your father spoke up. "And what's that?" On cue, you inhale sharply. It's been four and a half weeks since you and Joohyun decided to check that baby's condition...well babies, Irene held your hand tighter as you uttered your words.

"I'm pregnant," Your parents froze. "With twins."

Your father's face went from pale back to his normally tan skin tone. "What" Your mother on the other hand stood and rejoiced, "Yes! I'm a grandma! I can finally have photos of my grandkids in my wallet!" Amusement spreads throughout your body as your mother takes your hand, "Tell me anything there is to know about my grandkids Y/N, so I can get it immediately."