Chapter 58

You'd be a great mother, Bae Y/N

_________________________________________

Suho's stare was distant as he looks far beyond the view, his eyes distant as the stars beyond. The door to his office opened, and the person reflected from the window was no other than Lisa. He turned in her direction, greeting her with a tired smile. 

She bowed, "Was I interrupting something, your highness?" He waved his hand in dismissal. "No, what news do you have for me?" 

"Nothing new, aside from investors lining up, and a new design from one of our teams." Her tone calm and calculated, her eyes then observed my state, I sigh and shake my head sideways. 

"No, you don't have to say it, Lisa." 

"I won't, but what should we do with her?" 

"We stay on the sidelines for now." The duke mumbles, yet his heart tells him to do something else, something that could finally bring peace to him. He narrowed his eyes, while Lisa waited patiently for him to say anything. 

"I'm meeting with Y/N tomorrow, yes?" He asked with his back still turned from her. "Yes." 

"Then I want you to do something while I'm meeting with Y/N." 

The seraphim raised a questioning brow, "And what will that be, your highness?"

His lips curled to a smile, a smile that even he can't recognize. He mumbled something to Lisa, the seraphim paused. "What will your sister say about this?" 

"She doesn't need to know, after all...she said it herself that I'll do what is deemed necessary."

"And if you'll die because of it?" 

He scoffed, "I'm done with being treated like a sensitive child!" His eyes flared, "Am I not the duke of heaven? Don't I have the same rank as my sister?" 

He strides towards her, footsteps heavy with frustration. "Do your job." He growled. The seraphim bowed her head, "Forgive me for my slip up, your highness." 

"Get out, I'll call you once everything is on set." His voice laced with poison, yet he rejoiced it. Yes...anger, anger is what he needs, for now at least.

The angel bowed and walked out, Suho sighed and grab his necktie to loosen it, his tie already feeling like a noose around his neck. Yet he sighed, he stared again, he's done being placed second to the best. He might as well start to become ambitious.

But there's always a difference between a nine and a perfect ten...there always was. 

_______________________________________________

Y/N's POV

A day after babysitting Junnie, and being picked up by his father. Irene went along with her shareholder's meeting, while I take this day as a day for meeting and catching up with an old friend. Her footsteps echo the apartment as she gathers her documents, mainly all the shares from the days of her company.