Chapter 93

You stare at the three with narrowed eyes, "Okay

You stare at the three with narrowed eyes, "Okay." You sighed, "What did you three do?"

"Nothing!" Irene barked, "I just asked the kids to run some errands for me while you were unconscious, that's all."

The older woman then turned to the twins and pointed a finger out, "Quick! I suddenly remembered that I have documents from the building to sign, can you get them?"

"But how?" Jiwoo asks, making Jiah roll her eyes and grab her twin's arm, "We pretend to be one of them, idiot." She gave you both a cheeky smile before waving, "See you later moms! We'll get those papers in no time!"

"Now hold on a second!" You shouted after them only to be stopped by Irene's lean figure, "Irene, wait the kids-" She placed an index figure on your lips, coaxing you your silence as her other hand coils around your waist, your hand grips her shoulders, her actions arousing a raised brow from you.

"Irene...." You warned, "What are you trying to do-"

"Just," She cuts you off with a secretive smile, "Follow me, yeah? I have something to show you."

"Show me?" You repeat, "What is there to see?"

She smirked and turned, leading you by your intertwined hands as she maneuvers you out of the house, you bit your lip to suppress a smile as she turns around with a grin on her lips. She leads you downstairs, living room, kitchen and to the door leading you to your backyard, she lets go of your hand to turn to you with her hands behind her back. You look around, trying to see if there's something out of the ordinary, and turn to her with perplexity.

"Hyun," You chuckled lightly while gesturing at the backyard, "There's nothing here, what's up?"

Irene chortles as black smoke oozes from her body, her yellow wool crewneck sweater and white jeans dissolved into her signature black robe secured tightly by a golden belt around her waist with other golden accessories, except she didn't have her spear. She gestured with a circling motion with her hand making you raise your brow at her.

"So, you want me to transform?"

Irene nods eagerly, "Yeah! I want to see what else has this new annunciation has in store for you. And besides, we need to learn how to control your phasing."

A nod was triggered from you, your body attuned to the surroundings and like what you felt in the unknown oblivion, your body felt cold. Your neck was sliced open vertically from neck to your chest as bone-like talons claw your neck like a morbid choker and a metallic faceless mask covers your face, sealing your eyesight and allowing whatever instincts help guide you to see your surroundings.