Chapter 23

Eunseok stood, his anger boiling over his stomach, "What do you mean she wasn't there?" He said deadly in a low tone. The driver's eyes avert in fear, "I'm sorry sir, she was already in someone else's car." 

"Who's car?" Eunseok hoped it wasn't her, please god no...

The man reached for his breast pocket and brought out his phone, "This woman, sir." 

Eunseok knew the moment he had hoped that it wasn't her... "Damn it." He mumbled. He can't get rid of her, knowing that she has a far more greater power then him. The woman who saved his empire and company, now is here in Korea, and who knows how long did she stayed here. 

"Damn it, Irene." He growled under his breath. 

___________

Y/N's POV

I dropped my bag on the floor of my apartment room, "Home sweet home..." I say as I close my eyes. Irene agreed on her promise of making sure I went home safely, she didn't stay since she has paper work to do. Paper work......

SHIT! PAPER WORK! 

I clawed my luggage and hastily opened it, a paper bag came into view. Oh, my new laptop....ok, I'll set it up now. 

5 minutes later....

"Ok, let's do this!" I opened my iPad and tapped the word icon and started encoding Ms. Kim's documents and email it to her once I'm done. I sigh at how long the document is, but paid no mind considering that it is part of my job. I stretch my hands and continued typing. I check the document and made sure I left nothing behind every detail. 

Halfway throughout the typing process, my ears start to ring due to the silence and my keyboard slightly clacking, deciding that I had enough of the silence, I open my music app and played Tchaikovsky : Swan lake, Op. 20, Act 2: No. 10, Scène (Moderato). And pretended to be in an act as if a protagonist turned evil.

I continue my work and made sure to never forget any important information. I sigh and checked the time : 11:45 AM...

My stomach growled, "Alright, alright, let's get food." I say to no one in particular, I saved the file and shut the MacBook down. I took out my purse and keys, once ready I headed outside. I walked to the nearest food stop. I'm craving for noodles....

"Ramen it is then." I mumbled to myself, I take the packet and went straight to the counter. A young man with blonde hair that cascades down to his neck. He looked up and smiled kindly, my eyes scanned his name tag. Hyunjin....

His head was down as I place the ramen packet on top of the counter, he lifted his head and his eyes widened. "No way..." He stared at me with shock and looked at me closely, "You're from the news!" He exclaimed, I gasp at him and made a 'shush' gesture. 

"Sorry..." He mumbled shyly he then looked at me again. "What's your name?" He asked his eyes twinkling with curiosity and pleading. I giggle at his antics, "Hwang Y/N." His eyes widened and e visibly stiffened. "Ms. Kim's assistant?" He say in a hushed tone, his eyes no longer had a twinkle. What's with the change of demeanor?

"Uhm, yes?" Uncertainty clouded my voice. Though he smiled again, only this time it didn't reach his eyes. "That would be 700 hundred won." I handed him the exact amount and he placed the ramen packet inside a plastic bag. "Here you go." 

"Have a wonderful day." I say and he only nodded, what's up with him? A minute ago he seemed like a happy lama and now he's icy. "Strange dude...." I mumbled to myself and walked back to my apartment. While walking towards my apartment, I accidentally bumped into someone. 

"Hey! Watch it!" A deep voice gruffly boomed. Wait that voice is familiar...I bow my head, "I'm so sorry!" 

The stranger clicked his tongue in annoyance and scoffed, I raise my head and I gasped silently.