Chapter 27

Y/N's POV

The alarm of my phone woke me up, I stir awake only to be greeted by such a sight: Irene was still sleeping, the strands of her hair were falling on her face, her chest heaving up and down so calmly. I pull the sheets down and remove her arm that's ever so wrapped protectively around me.

She groaned, shit- 

"Y/N?" She croaked, her head now pressed against my chest, "Time for you to go already?" Her voice was muffled. I smile and stroke her hair, "I have work, Irene." She chuckled and let go of me, I immediately miss her warmth.

She slid of the bed, her back full of scratch marks from me last night, oh dear, she looked over her shoulder her a smirk- wait that one's familiar-

"See your scratches, vixen?" I blush at her words and cover my face, I hear her chuckle. "Good morning."

"Good morning, Rene."

"Want to take a bath together?" I flushed at her words, my brain immediately shuts down, damn it, think of a response!

"Y/N?" 

"Y/N?" I snap out of it, Irene is now kneeling in front of me, concern swimming in her features. "Oh, sorry...my head was on Mars." I give her a sheepish smile. She grinned and pressed a kiss on my forehead. "I'll go take a bath now," She whispered and walked to the bathroom. 

I sigh and shifted to get up, when my feet made contact with the hard floor, I stand up-

I gasp when the muscles of my thighs feel like they're about to split in half, I stiffened when I feel the muscles stiffen. I immediately flopped back in the bed, only to double the pain when I flail my legs. 

"Damn it, Irene." I growl under my breath. I massage my thighs gently, "How the hell am I going to work like this?" Begrudgingly I stand up with a pained sigh and held on anything that can support my weight and readied my clothes. I wore a bathrobe and eat breakfast which was a simple toast, well 2 toasts. I much down and waited for Irene to finish taking a bath. 

My thighs are getting better now, but the sting remains, I heard the bathroom door open to reveal a steaming Irene, she also wore a bathrobe, though it's tied loosely around her waist. "Is that normal?" I ask, pointing at the steam coming out of her body.

Irene ruffles her hair with a towel, "Well, yeah, for us demons we need to regulate heat through our body." 

I made an 'ah' and walk past her to the bathroom, "Did you eat already?" I close the door and yelled out a 'yes' and re-freshen up.

-----------------------------------------------------

Irene drove me to work again, but this time, she escorts me to the lobby. She held my waist and my bag, I can't help but blush and rub the sleeves of my work attire every time one of my co-workers would stare at us up and down and grin. 

Irene hands me my bag, but never let's go of my waist. "Vixen," She smiled. "Since you're here already, I'll go now." I nod and walk towards the elevator, a gentle grip on my elbow stopped me. I turn to see Irene who's eyes swim with mirth. 

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Irene said with a raised brow, I look at her questioningly. Irene heaved a sad sigh, "You're not saying anything?" 

"Uhm....bye?" I give her a bashful grin, Irene rolled her eyes, "Not that, vixen." I raise a brow at her, "What?" 

Irene chuckled, her eyes turn to crescents, I felt my heart stop. She should do that more often, I widened my eyes when soft lips clash with mine, I sigh in bliss and close my eyes my stomach turning to a pile of mush, my arms wrapping itself on her shoulders. Her hands made contact with my jaw, she pulls away with a content smile.