Chapter 71

"Hello, Minjeong

"Hello, Minjeong."
____________________

The brunette smiled at him, Jihun felt his heart jolt. He sat down and gave her the bouquet, smiling ear to ear as she takes it with delight. "So what's the occasion?" She begins with a raised brow, the young man combed his hair using his hands. "I have excellent news honey, " He grinned as his other hand hid the engagement ring.

"Oh?" She leaned close, placing her chin on top of her palm. "Do tell."

"I've become Vice-chairman of my father's company." He then places the ring on top of the table and slides it towards her, Minjeong's eyes widen in strange delight, her mouth agape and eyes wide. "And I want you to marry me."

He smiled brightly, "So I can take care of you and our baby, so you can rely on me when you need me. And I'll be there." Minjeong's eyes became glossy, "Jihun I-"

"You don't have to say anything, " He says gently. "As I've said before, I'll take care of it." His eyes then focused on the small bump on her stomach, "It's a girl right?"

Minjeong caressed her bump and hummed in agreement, "Yes, I thought it would be a boy." Jihun guffawed, "Doesn't matter whether our child is a boy or a girl, I wanted a girl as a first child anyway."

This made the woman raise both brows, "Why?"

His eyes turned mellow, nostalgia swam in his orbs. "Because I never had a chance to take care of my little sister before she had passed away." Minjeong was stunned with silence, he never mentioned anything about his family except for their business, "How old were you when you lost her?"

"Ten, " He softly says, "And she died at the age of seven." He then smiled softly, "She passed away due to pertussis, and I was in the academy when she left our family."

"At least she no longer has to suffer, " His once light brown orbs turn distant. "And it's in the past, so I'm fine."

"What was her name?"

"Jang Jieun and I'll name our daughter after my precious sister."

His lover's expression was blank, Jihun wasn't sure if the topic was the cause. But to his surprise and dismay, Minjeong pushed the ring towards him, his face fell. "Sweetie, what's wrong?"

"As much as I want to live with you..." She paused as her lip trembled, "I'm afraid I can't marry you." This almost made him stand up, but he kept himself seated, he placed his hand on top of hers. "Why?"

"That's my baby growing inside you, " His voice fragile yet gentle. "Why Minjeong?"

"Because I'm engaged to someone else."

His eyes hardened, "To who?"

"To Hwang Eunseok and today is the last day that we'll ever meet and see each other."