Chapter 41

Y/N's POV

Irene and I exited the car as we arrived at the boutique in which was going to be a shop for Chanel and Prada, from the front window I see Ms. Kim talking to one of our interior designers, nodding and clarifying the structure, Seulgi followed closely behind us as we enter the building.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Kim." I bow at her as she regards our presence. "Good morning secretary Hwang, Ms. Bae." Her gaze shifted to Seulgi. "Good morning to you as well."

Seulgi gives her a kind smile, "Hello, Ms. Kim." She then hands out a document from her case. "Here's the property's signature proving our participation for the joint building." Ms. Kim gladly accepts it with a smile, I then take out a signing pen from my pocket and give it to her. 

"Thank you." She then signs the contract. After she signs it I hand it out to Seulgi, Irene looks around the area, she hummed. "This is very promising, shall we take a look upstairs?"

"Yes, we can Ms. Bae," The interior designer agrees. "This way please." Irene takes my hand and intertwine our fingers, a blush spread across my features as I hear a giggle from Seulgi and a cough from Ms. Kim. 

"Come on, let's go." Irene urged with a grin while I stare at her with warmth spreading over me. Our heels clack against the expensive marble floor, once we reach the second floor, the area's walls were only windows. 

Irene grins in satisfaction as I marvel at the design, "This is beautiful." I gasped. Seulgi chuckled and wrapped her arm around my shoulder, "You humans have a way for architecture."

"Humans?" Ms. Kim repeats with a raised brow, Irene's eyes subtly widened as Seulgi laughs it off. "Just kidding, but it's really nice though." 

"Thank you," The interior designer bowed. "We're glad that you all like it."

The designer excused herself to go downstairs as I wander around the open space. "The view is wonderful here." 

"It is," Ms. Kim agrees. "How about you Irene, did you like it?"

She only grins in reply, but I've figured that Ms. Kim already knows the answer. And smiles in delight, "Well then ladies, I'll leave for you all to explore the interior, enjoy the rest of the tour." Ms. Kim's footsteps recede from us leaving three of us alone. 

"I can't believe that our collaboration is a success." I sighed. "I wasn't expecting this." 

Irene turns to me with a shocked expression, "Were you expecting failure?" I laugh and shake my head sideways. "For the past few years Ms. Kim's collaboration were always a success," I paused. "But this.....this is bigger than the rest."

The duchess only laughs as she wraps her arms around me, my head rests against her chest, "Thank you for allowing us to work with you." Irene whispers, I return her embrace. 

"It should be me that must be thanking you for your influence amongst the masses." I countered, her embrace only tightens she gently sways us. "So about our wedding." She trails off.

I remove my head from her chest, "And what about it?" She pouts. "We should discuss this sooner or later, plus, we can't just wait until your parents ask us when the wedding is." 

I sigh, "Yeah, the sooner we work on it, the better." I move away from her warmth and walk around the area, thinking on our plans. Irene's footsteps followed mine, "Don't worry vixen," She takes my hand and kisses the back of my hand. 

"I'll handle it," She locks her eyes with mine. "You have me." 

My eyes soften, but something keeps lingering in my mind. "Why are you so adamant about marrying me?"