Chapter 48

a little side note: I noticed na puro English yung mga comments lol, according to my demographics, 47% of my readers are Filipino's, and they're mostly women, but I'n not complaining. My work is purposely made for FEM readers after all. Lmao, back to the chapter!

________________________

Irene's POV

Y/N's body lay motionless on the bed, a result of the incantation I recited for her to visit the underworld. "Alright, I hope you won't wait long Y/N." I place a blanket on top of her and made sure to lock all areas of the apartment. 

After doing that, I join Y/N, and called upon the dark forces to take my conscience to the underworld and close my eyes. 

The cold atmosphere gave me a go signal that I was back to my domain, I open my eyes to see myself sitting on my throne, the golden armrest keeping my arms cold, I look around. No sign of Y/N. 

I stand up, I turn my head to examine the untouched throne of Y/N, well, soon to be. A smile crept in my features as I gently touched the throne. "We have finally found your owner." I whispered, as if I were talking to it. 

Speaking of owner....

"Right, now here is she?" My footsteps echoed as I walk the empty castle halls adorned with maroon accents and marble walls. Should I check the balcony?

*THUD* I stopped my movements. I heard a choir of curses that followed. I chuckled, "I guess she made it easy for me today." I turn my heel and decided to go to my study room, where the noise had originated. I silently open the door that was ajar, before me stood a clumsy human with a disassembled knight's helmet in her hands. 

"How the hell do you put this together?" She groans in frustration as she examines it. "Irene's gonna be pissed." I bit my lip to contain my smile that was threatening to break out. I lean my body on the door frame as I observe her occupied state. 

"Glue always fixes things," She sighed. "Now, does she keep a glue here?" 

A chuckle went pass my lips as she dropped the helmet and turned to look at me, before I can open my mouth she said:

"It was an accident!" She fired, "I didn't see the knight standing there, my bad." She rubbed the back of her neck as I only give her a bright smile.

"No," I walk towards her, "I can fix that for you." I gestured at the knight and the head attached itself again, Y/N pouted and sighed. "Oh how I wished it were that easy." My arms wrapped themselves on her waist as I place my chin on her shoulder. 

Of all the places you could walk around, why my study?" I felt her shrug. "The door looked nice so I went in." 

"Not all nice doors have nice interiors, Y/N." I corrected as she chuckled. "I'll keep that in mind." I let go, missing her own warmth that is in contrast to my cold body. Y/N tilted her head. "Your body temperature seemed cold, is that normal here in the underworld?" 

"Yes," I answer as I held out my hand for her to take it. "Come with me." Her warm hand intertwine with mine as I lead her deeper into the castle. "No one's here" Y/N mumbled. "Were you and Taeyeon this lonely in the castle?" 

"No, you're conscience is with me and we roam as ghost in this very castle."  She raised a brow. "We're ghost?" 

"Yes" I smile at her. "But don't worry, it's just for today." Y/N nods her head in understanding. "This place is beautiful." She gasps as she turns her head side to side. "Where are you taking me by the way?" 

"You'll see, vixen" I promised as I lead her to a set of large doors carved with symbols and decorated with rare stones on earth. The large oak doors open by themselves as we make our way to the heart of the castle.