Chapter 66

Irene walked on dewy grass, her black robe keeping her skin warm as her golden accessories swayed back and forth, making the 'clink, clink' sound

Irene walked on dewy grass, her black robe keeping her skin warm as her golden accessories swayed back and forth, making the 'clink, clink' sound. The dense forest providing her peace and tranquillity as the sun hasn't come up yet and the citizens of this country still has enough time to enjoy sleeping. 

The cold breeze nipped her skin, making her inhale sharply, the breeze brought a fresh scent of the forest and the waves of the sea, making her close her eyes close. The wind howled, making the trees swing and wave its branche, but she didn't miss a raw energy following with them...

"How long have you been standing there, Helios?" Irene's voice was distorted and cold as her golden spear materialized in her ands, she turned to see a woman wearing a white robe, her hair long and luscious blond as it glowed like the sun. 

"Am I not allowed to see the newly inaugurated duchess?" Her voice light, with a hint of mocking as she sits on a huge rock. "Besides, I'm here for my death..."

This made Irene furrow her brows in confusion, "Why are you seeking your end?" The angel rolled her eyes, yet they become distant as she avoids eye contact. Irene notes this and says nothing. 

"You are the epitome of death," She finally says. "Right?" 

Irene hums in agreement, still her spear remains in her hands, just incase she's here for her death. "Aren't you paired with the Selene Seraphim? Why am I handling the death of the most powerful seraphim out of all beings?"

"A replacement." She says curtly. "I'm being replaced by another newly ranked Seraphim." 

"And what about it?" Irene's voice was laced with irritation and confusion as to why such a being would waste it's own time looking for their own death. "Because they'll euthanize me."

"And?"

"My twin will be the one to seal my death," She smiled bitterly. "I know she won't do it, she can't do it and insubordination is not tolerated in our domain." She stands up as walk towards the duchess, with her hands on her back, her golden hair flowing along the breeze. 

"That's why I sought your presence, so it'll be easier to deal with." Her eyes flared gold. "I want you to kill me, before my twin is forced to do it herself."

Irene looked at her wordlessly before smiling cruelly, "As our rules suggest, one must have an offer before bargaining with a demon, angel." Her eyes turned red as her voice now becomes cold as steel and distorted. "What do you offer?"

"My abilities," She answers simply with a nonchalant shrug, "It's the best I am willing to give. My name is Lili, for clarification."

Irene's eyes scanned for lies, yet she found none, she grinned. "Then the deal is sealed." The duchess readies her spear as the angel exposes it's golden gem that was clasp tightly to her chest. "Do it," She gasps as Irene plunges her spear, the blade impaling the angel.