Chapter 95

March 18, 1997

March 18, 1997

Suho paced back and forth in his hotel room feeling unnerved and anxious.

His hands shake with fear each second's past, his insides churning and twisting, his heart beating slowly with every step he takes. How will he explain this to his sister? She doesn't react kindly to such an event, he's sure of that. She'll be quick to give him punishment, and even worse, he'll be a fallen divinity.

Suho hated the feeling of being abandoned, he despised it.

And that's what he's feeling right now. Along with the problem, he can't escape-

*DING*

His thoughts were interrupted with a single ring of a bell, he automatically stiffened. "I told them specifically not to disturb me," he growled under his breath, his wings curl with hostility as his feet slowly approached the door.

"Who is it?" He calls out. "And what do you want?"

"It's Lisa," Replied the person behind the door.

'Lisa?' Suho shuddered, 'Does she know?'

"And I'm here to speak to you." She adds, her voice slightly muffled by the thick door. He inhaled sharply, though it did not help him calm down and open the door slightly ajar. There stood the seraphim behind the oak door dressed in a simple hoodie and jeans; her complexion fair and smooth whilst her eyes are sharp and inquisitive.

The angel bowed, "May I enter your quarters, your majesty?"

Suho paused, his brain running a mile for a response. His mind warning him to tread carefully with his choice of words. But if he does let his panicked state get the best of him...he could find a way to clean it up, that is if he can defeat the highest-ranking angel before him.

He strained a smile, "Of course,"

The duke then invitingly opened his door for the other angel and stepped back to give more room for her to enter. "Welcome to my temporary home, comrade."

Lisa stepped into his living room, her dark brown orbs examining the interior intently before snapping her eyes at the young monarch as he pours her a glass of water and hands it to her. The seraphim looked at the material, before deciding to take it and sip lightly at the cool beverage.

Suho cleared his throat, "So, what brings you here Lisa?" He starts and gestured at the couch behind her as he sits across her. "What do you want to speak about?"

The short-haired angel twirls her glass, the silence eerily making him uncomfortable. "I want to swear fealty to you, your majesty?"

He paused, fealty?

Suho tilted his head, "I thought your loyalty stands with my sister? The queen of the skies?"

She scoffed and placed her glass on top of the coffee table. "No," Lisa sighed. "Not anymore."