Chapter 25

A little warning, this is gonna be a long ass chapter and a make up for missing to post this yesterday. I was busy so I hope this will make up for it!

-author

Y/N'S POV

I woke up with a pained sigh, I didn't sit up due to my body feeling like lead. Shuffled steps were heard across my room....right, I had a guest here. Irene came into my room holding a glass cup of water and....what's that?

"You call that breakfast?" I ask with a groggy voice, Irene rolled her eyes at me. "I'm trying to learn how to cook through the internet." She responded. I stare at the 'food' in question, "Uhm, thanks." 

Irene pouted at me, I open my mouth to say-

Ring! Ring! Ring! My phone rang, I give her an apologetic smile. She pouts again, I take the phone from my desk. "Yes, who's in the line?" 

"Y/N!" A chirpy voice greeted me. "It's Yeri, I just wanted to know...are the files ready?" Oh....that.

"Yes," I stare at Irene who returned it with a raised brow. "I'll bring it to you immediately." 

"Great! See you later!" The call ended. I put down my phone on top of the desk and rushed straight to my bathroom. 

"Y/N!" I hear Irene call out for me, but the shower was already running. 

After taking a bath, I exited the bathroom with a bathrobe tied securely around my body. Irene was already dressed in her work attire. "I have to go" I say as I brush past her, "Yeri and I are going to give the files to Ms. Kim today." 

"I know," Irene said as she leans by the desk, the food now forgotten. "But you haven't eaten anything yet." Her tone laced with concern. I stopped my movements. 

"I'll just grab an apple or something." I say as I spray perfume. Irene huffed, "How will I know that you've eaten, then?" 

I thought about it for a moment, "When I don't snap at anyone." Her expression now looked amused. 

"Snap at anyone?" 

"Trust me, I do if I get hungry." Irene chuckled, apparently the new information seems to amuse her. "What time will you get home?" 

Oh, where did that come from? 

"Uhm, I'm not really sure.." Uncertainty shrouded my tone, Irene was silent for a couple of seconds, before snapping her head towards me. 

"Call me when you're done working." 

"Uhm...number?" I ask her with a sheepish smile. She takes out her phone and handed it to me. I then saved the digits in my contact list. "Here you go." I say as I handed it back to her. 

"I'll call you when I'm done with work." Irene held an unreadable look on her face. I furrow my brows in confusion. "What is it now, Irene?" 

"Just..." Her voice trailed off. "Just make sure to get something to eat, alright?" I stare at her in confusion. She sighed and stepped close to me, "Because if you won't, I'll march in those doors and shoved a mouthful of food in your mouth." 

"Jeez, okay!" I say as I take out my clothes. "Just go, I'm changing!" Irene chuckled and went to the living room. I hurriedly put on my clothing and shoes, my USB, wallet phone and iPad. 

"Uhm, Irene!" I call out, I hear a grunt. "Yeah?" She replied. 

"I'm going to work now, see you tonight? Maybe?" Then went outside, only to be stopped by a hand. 

"Okay," I roll my eyes, "What is it?" 

"I'll drive you." Irene offered-no, that tone seemed demanding....yep, she demanded. "But I-" Irene gives me a look, "If we are going argue about this, you'll be late." She said sternly.