Chapter 94

Irene's wings flapped harshly as dust clouds your vision, your tendrils flexed, gathering enough strained force before releasing like a could spring and making you fly upwards and staying there for three seconds before spotting Irene and smirked a...

Irene's wings flapped harshly as dust clouds your vision, your tendrils flexed, gathering enough strained force before releasing like a could spring and making you fly upwards and staying there for three seconds before spotting Irene and smirked as you drop to the ground with a ground shaking punch, dissipating all dust as you lunge towards Irene with your rapier rapidly materializing on your hand and swinging it at her side. Irene parries the attack with a loud 'clang!' As she blocks it with her spear, the impact of your weapon shaking your arm as you jump back, knowing well that Irene won't wait for you to recover an observation that she noticed while you were new to the form.

She grunts and hovered over the marsh green ground and points the spearhead towards your direction, you spin the blade, your body moving by what feels right and by instincts. Beads of sweat form on your forehead as you feel energy surged in your arm and heating up as you stay rooted to the ground and waited for her to be close enough for an attack. Your right arm that's holding your weapon began to rotate like a speeding drill as Irene attacks again, the impact of her slash gives your body tremors as your drilling sword hits the corner of her robe, slashing and ripping it to pieces with one strike.

Irene gasped and move away as you lunged again, your feet moving on their own will as you go behind her back, your right hand swiveling to the side as you slashed the blade on her side only to be thwarted by her once again, and she did that without turning back and by simply raising her arm to her back and parrying it. You were thrown off by your momentum, as you land harshly on the ground, you hear a wincing 'crack!'

Irene seemed to hear it too as she runs towards you, "Y/N! Are you alright?"

You let out a pained grunt, though you're aware that the crack was not from any one of your bones.

As the dust clears, Irene kneels next to your figure, "Baby-I am so sorry, are you hurt-" She stopped mid-sentence and gasped when she sees a golden crack on your face from your forehead traveling down to your right lower jaw, your hands shakily touch the cracked skin your body becoming numb and your blood seared hot, making you whimper and double back in pain.

Irene panicked as she immediately cradles you, your veins burning orange to red as you writhe in her arms. "Fuck!" You groan out loud, "It burns!"

"Where?!"

"Everywhere!" You say in a distorted voice, Irene then lets out a gasp. She looks at you, clearly conflicted and angry-no, she's furious. The older woman held you close as you begin to whimper, the pain dulling to a numb ache as Irene stares blankly at you, though her eyes held a concerned tone in them. Irene sighed in relief before loosening her grip around your upper body and set you on the ground gently.

"The girls aren't back." She whispered, making you prompt on your elbows and furrowed your brows. "What do you mean?"

She inhaled deeply and closed her eyes on cue black smoke oozes from her body as she sat on her calves. You kneeled beside her and winced as your body ached with every move, the empress growled.