Chapter 56

Y/N's POV

Y/N's POV

Irene's hand is tight against mine, we walked to the lobby that was filled with other influential people, she looked at my direction and smiled, her eyes turning to crescents. 

I chuckled, the comfortable silence wrapped us both. And I love a comfortable silence. Especially with Irene. 

We walked around for a bit, until we saw Baekhyun with wave at us. "Hey! Irene, here!" Irene looked at me, as if asking for my permission. 

"Go ahead." 

"Wait!" The man exclaimed. "You must be the fiancé, right?" He asked with a smile, his cheeks puffing out as he did. 

"Right," I bowed at him. "I'm Hwang Y/N." He bowed back, "Hello Y/N, can I talk with your wife for a bit?" 

I nod with a smile, "Sure you can." Irene opened her mouth to say something, only to be cut off with an excited yelp and get dragged away. Irene looked back at me with a helpless expression and mouthed:

'Help me' 

I grin and shake my head sideways, feigning a wave at her as I walk around, exploring the interior as the two powerful people talk. 

Classical paintings decorate these white and yellow walls as I explore the area. The construction of the pavements resemble those of Ancient Greek temples, the holy ones. 

Speaking of Holy ones, I found a chapel. Without thinking I walk inside and sat on the front pew. My eyes scanned the statue of Jesus. 

I sighed, "Forgive me lord, for I have fallen in love and had sex with the duchess of the underworld." 

I nearly snorted at my absentminded confession, but I realized that what I said was true after all....

"I guess I call myself lucky that she aided my father's request." 

(A/N: I don't mind if Seulgi aided my request lol.)

"She's something I never knew I needed in my life," I close my eyes and threw my head back, "Her touch us so intoxicating, her voice is so soothing." 

"I just can't get enough of her, she's the greatest thing that came to my life, and I'm marrying her." 

I locked my eyes with the statue, "Is marrying her.....I don't know I- is it legal for me to marry a demon?"

I palmed my face and sighed in exasperation, "I have no idea what I'm saying here, and I don't even know why I'm spewing this out." 

God....where did that came from?

"I love her, I really do." 

I stand up, feeling free....wow, yeah I do feel free.....

"Thank you for coming in my Ted talk." I slid gracefully off the pew, to my shock and embarrassment.....Irene was standing there with her arms crossed, her lips adorned with a wicked smirk.