Chapter 88

Your mother looked at the grown twins, before looking at you again

Your mother looked at the grown twins, before looking at you again. "Is this some kind of joke?"

"When it comes to children," You sighed, "I never joke about serious things mom, that includes my daughters."

She put down the bags and walk towards the twins with an inquisitive look in her eyes, Jiah gives her a tight-lipped smile while her twin gives her a wide grin, your mother then squinted her eyes, before pinching their cheeks.

"Ow!"

"Ah! My pimple!"

"They look strikingly like the mixture of you and Irene."

She removes her hands from their cheeks, Jiah massaged her cheek while Jiwoo rubbed hers. Your mother lets out a sigh and rubbed her temples, "Ok, but how did this happen?"

Irene chuckled nervously and held your hand, "Well we left them for ten minutes, and well, they became five years old, and when Y/N was-"

"Hyun, don't." You warned, making your mother look at you with furrowed brows, "Don't what? Y/N, tell me."

"It's nothing important." You insist, yet your mother gives you a stern look. "Hwang Y/N you better tell me right now."

A sigh breaks past your lips, "Someone broke into our house a couple of weeks ago." This elicited a shocked gasp from your mother as she strides towards you, her heels clack against the tiles of your home and cupped your cheeks, "Were you hurt?"

"She would be if Jiah didn't have enough time to phase." The blonde girl explains, she draped her arm around the dark-haired girl, "You see, grandma, we're not one of the normal kids, we're like..." She looks at Jiah for an elaboration, her twin sighs and held her hand. "We're more like five-year-olds stuck in a body of a twenty-year-old adult."

Minjeong swats your shoulder, making you yelp, "Hey!"

"You were in trouble and you didn't tell me!" She scolds and swats your arm, "Why did you have to hide it from me?"

You give her an apologetic look and hold her by arms, "Because I didn't want you to worry, and besides, this is something beyond your understanding as a mortal."

"And you're not human?" She inquires, "Sweetie, you're born from my flesh and blood, how can you say that you're not human?"

You paused, your dark brown orbs stare at her earnest ones, almost breaking you as her eyes plead for an explanation. With a shaky breath, you reply: "I may be born of your flesh and blood, but I lost it days ago."