Chapter 77

A/N: A little cameo from a secret guest, find out who, well I'm guessing that you already know who it is = )___________________

___________________

Lili's breath ragged as her eyes stare right back at her reflection with wide eyes, black tendrils tainted her pale skin around her neck, and it continues to spread as she eyes it in horror. She had overstayed her welcome in the mortal world, she had abandoned the duty that was entrusted to her by Jessica, and now she was already given a warning that's irrevocable. Lili was becoming one of the corrupted angels who were never heard from by any of her comrades, she thought this was just some sort of hoax to keep them at bay, but she now knows better.

She fixed the collar of her stoga and sighed, she doesn't know how long she will last, but she needs to keep quiet about it, at least for now. The Helios angel lets out a shaky exhale in an attempt to calm herself down, but that only was of no use as she can still feel her ichor blood run through every pulse, ringing in her head as she secures her robe with a tight golden belt.

"Hey Li," A soft masculine voice made her jolt, Hyunjin the cheribum stood behind her with a golden bow, Lili turned to face him, ensuring that the cracks on her neck weren't visible. "What is it, Hyunjin?"

"It's time for the sun to rise," He grinned, "Lisa's waiting for you."

Lili gave him a smile that didn't reach her eyes, "Yeah, yeah I'm on my way." She walked past him, her accessories clinked every time she walked, Hyunjin furrowed his brow as she walked by, "Hold on for a moment."

She froze as his footsteps echoed around the marble floors, "What's that on your neck?" Lili's blood ran cold as he felt his aura behind her, "Are you alright?"

She turned before he can even check her sleeves, "I'll go now, my sister is waiting for me." She waved and walked off, Hyunjin tilted his head as the high-ranking angel's figure vanished. He hummed as he walks to the throne room where the monarch sat. Jessica's eyes caught his figure as she sat upright to greet him, "Hello Hyunjin,"

He bowed, "Suho's with the other Dominions again?"

The woman chuckled and sighed, "He's learning with them, I figured that would help him." Hyunjin scrunched his nose and folded his arms behind him, "Have you seen anyone acting strangely today, your majesty?"

The queen hummed, "Why'd you ask?"

"I am doing this out of concern but I saw something that troubled me today, it's Lili." The monarch's eyes flared gold, "You better not be lying about this, Lili's the highest-ranking angel I've ever inaugurated."

"Well, what if I said that your so-called high-ranking angel is hiding something from you?"

The queen's ears perked up and leaned forward, "Do tell."

___________________

"Are you sure that letting the twins wander on their own is a great idea?" You ask as Irene and you walk to a nearby bench and sat on it, Irene guffawed and turn to look at you with a teasing grin, "As long as we don't hear or see them display a human's head on a spear as retaliation."