The letter

AUTHOR'S POV

After writing the names, Thomas was just too heartbroken to came back to sit with the others. He decided to go sit on another bench close to the fire but far away from everyone else.

He had lost the two most important person in his life. How was he even going to recover from that?

Minho noticed his friend far away from him and went to see him.

Thomas(tears rolling down his cheeks): Minho go away okay? I really need to be alone right now.

Minho sadly nodded.

Him: Can I at least give you this?

Thomas lifted up his head and saw something in Minho's hand.

It was a necklace. The necklace Newt gave him.

Minho: You had this when we picked you up. I thought that you might want it back.

Thomas took it.

Him: Thank you Minho. I really appreciate it.

Minho nodded and let his best friend alone.

Thomas studied the necklace.

Newt gave it to him but why? Why is this necklace was so important to him? Until his last day with him, Thomas never saw Newt wearing it.

While studying it, Thomas discovered a little crack in the necklace.

"Nice it's broken now" He thought.

But then, he realized that it was like a little door and he could open it. So he did opened it. And what was inside made his heart stops.

I was a piece of paper. A letter to be precise with Newt's handwriting on it. He could recognize it from everyone.

He then opened up the paper and took a deep breath.

Why Newt left a letter for him? Was he even ready to read it? He just lost Newt only a few days ago and now he was ready to read his letter?

No. He wasn't ready. But the truth is, he will never be. So, as usual, his curiosity took the best of him and he decided to read the letter.

"Dear Tommy,

If you read that letter that means I am dead. That I gave it to you before dying. I know you told me that you wanted me to go back in my century, that they would give me the cure because they have it but I don't want that Tommy. I want to be with you. I don't want to be separated of you knowing that we would live apart from each other's. When I first got into the maze, I was confused. I missed my old life and my ex boyfriend Adam. But I started to get used to this life and you showed up about two and a half years later. And when I first saw you, something changed in me. Yes I knew you already because my history teacher told us about you, but it was not in that way that I felt. I felt something special. It's like I couldn't be apart of you. I needed you to be safe and I always wanted to help you. I couldn't help it. So I made everything in my power to help you and get us out of this mess. I wanted to follow you everywhere. And I have. As the time was passing, I realized I was falling in love with you and the others like Minho, Brenda, Jorge and everyone else had become my family. That you are all my home now. I couldn't care less of what was happening to Adam in my century because I had something here. Something I would and never had with Adam: true love. And that's why I will die here with you Tommy. Because if I go back there I will lost everything I have. And I will bloody go out of my bloody mind!

Thomas chuckled sadly reading the last line.

" I would probably kill myself because in that way we could be together again. Since you would been already dead for about a hundred years. Anyways Tommy I just wanted to write you this letter to let you know that I love you. And I am so sorry that I couldn't have made it to the safe heaven. You talked about it so much and we have been through so much for you to get there! So enjoy it for me will you? Go take a swim, play in the sand, do all the crazy things you wanted to do that you told me you wanted to do when we talked about what our life would be after the maze. Just note this: