Newt's safe place

AUTHOR'S POV

Gally looked at Minho who was still in shock, looking at a certain point on the table, zoomed out.

Gally: Minho you saved everyone. I.. I don't know how you knew it, but with what you did you saved us! You are our godamn hero Min! Without you Aris would have died for sure and Harriet and Sonya too! Me too! Worst of all we could have been infected and bring that back here.

Thomas: That wouldn't have happened Gally. We are all immune remember?

Gally: Yeah Newt was sure of that too before.

Thomas gave Gally a deadly look.

Minho finally speak up again.

Minho: I had a dream last night. That's why I knew I needed to help. I dreamt of Newt. He was there. He just told me what would happen. That Aris would be alone and die, and that Harriet and Sonya would be alone and attacked by cranks without having any weapons. He said I needed to help you guys before it was too late. And then I woke up with a very strong headache.

"What if it wasn't a dream? That Newt got here yesterday night before anyone noticing and did this? After all that's why he is back here no?" Thomas thought.

Then, they all saw Mary coming towards them. They immediately stopped talking and looked at her. Minho was holding his breath in fears.

Mary smiled.

Her: I am glad to announce you that he is going to make it! He is weak though so he will need a lot of rest but he is not infected and Brenda and I succeeded to fix his vein. Thanks to you Minho, Aris will be alive and back on his feet like nothing happened in no time! If it wasn't for you he would have died. Brenda is making sure the surgery went well but you can all go visit him whenever you want.

They all thanked her and Harriet and Sonya hugged her. After that, they all went to hug Minho and also thanked him.

Soon after, everyone left the commune dining cabin leaving only Minho and Thomas sitting in front of each other's.

Thomas fought his thoughts about whether he was going to tell the real truth about Minho's dream to him.

Thomas: Min....

Minho lifted up his head, looking at Thomas waiting for him to continue.

Thomas: I..I don't think your dream was actually a dream.

Minho looked at him confused.

Him: What the hell are you talking about Thomas?

Thomas hesitated. He wasn't sure if it really was a good idea. He just discovered Newt was back. And he really wanted to keep it to himself because he wanted to have more time with Newt. To make Newt eventually forgive him and  maybe Newt didn't want Thomas to tell people that he was back because that would cause a lot of questions because everybody thinks he is dead.

But Minho was Newt's best friend. He saved him when Thomas couldn't. He watched over him when Thomas didn't even met Newt yet. Minho needed to know the truth.

Thomas: I need to show you something.

Minho followed Thomas to his cabin and watched him putting his backpack on his back, Minho immediately knowing where he would take him.

Minho: You want to go exploring right now?

Thomas: Trust me Minho, you will not regret this.

Minho: But it's getting dark! And we don't even know half of what could be in that jungle. What if we get lost?