They are going to make it

AUTHOR'S POV

Later this afternoon, rain started to fall and the gladers went under the roof of the cabin were all their hammock were and waited for Alby and Minho to come back. Thomas who looked at the doors turned around to see Newt.

Him: What if they are not going to make it?

Newt still looked at the doors

Newt: they are going to make it

Thomas came closer to Newt.

Him: But what if they don't?

Newt turned his head on in Thomas direction and locked his eyes on his

Newt: They are going to make it.

____________________________
ONE HOUR LATER

Everyone gathered in front of the doors. Waiting.

Thomas: C'mon guys! Can we send someone after them?

Gally: It's against the rules..... they make it back or they don't.

Newt faced Thomas

Him: we can't risk to loose anyone else.

And then, the doors make the noise warning the gladers that it was about to close.

Chuck: Oh no....

Thomas suddenly saw something.

Him: There!!

Newt looked and Saw Minho helping Alby to walk.

Newt: Wait! There is something wrong!

Chuck:(screaming) C'mon Minho!!!! You can do it!!!!!

Everyone encouraged Minho to come to them. Suddenly, Minho dropped Alby by accident and tried to take him back.

Chuck: C'mon you can make it!!

Gally: Minho leave him there!!

And then, Thomas heard Newt said something that he never thought he would heard.

"They are not going to make it"

From this moment, Thomas didn't why, maybe to impress Newt, to save Alby and Minho or just to go in the maze, but he ran to Minho. Newt grabbed his harm quickly but didn't have time to keep him on his side of the glade. And then the doors closed.

Gally (angry): What the hell Newt?

Newt (confused): What?

Gally: The greenie was YOUR responsibility! And you let him go in that maze!! You should have predicted something like that!!

Newt : How could I knew that he was going to go in that bloody maze???!! How??!!!

Gally: Maybe if you had listen to him carefully you would know his freaking interest to go in that maze!!

Newt: Listen to him carefully??? Since he got here I was the one who took him in charge to know him more, to help him introduce himself to all of you! You have no lessons to do about listening Thomas! All you have been doing since he got here is insulting him, embarrassing him in front of all of us and make him feel like he's not one of us!

Gally angrily looked at Newt. Chuck put his hand on Newt's arm to calm him down. He was shaking.

He looked at everyone.

Him: Look, I know we lost Alby, Minho and..and Thomas. But we need to move on as a group. I'm not saying to forget them I swear it to you. In fact, a part of me truly believes that they are going to make it. But we need to see things as if they don't. As your new leader for the moment, I tell you all to do your routines like that never happened. We need to stay functional as a group and prepare to get out of here. That's what they would have wanted.