Stuck forever

AUTHOR'S POV

2 years later, the structure of the society that Newt gave to the 3 other boys was working perfectly well. Gally, a new one, has become the chief of the builders, many people were working on the fields, Jeff was still a healer with a new one Clint, the chief of the cook was Frypan,a really good one. And Newt, who was the co chief of Alby and the chief of the runners. Their job was to go into the maze and find an exit. Newt knew how to get out. But he couldn't do it. He couldn't because if he does it now, Thomas won't have time to arrives in the maze and be their leader. He had to wait for him to do it.

Adam was constantly occupying his thoughts. So to be occupied, he was training a new one, Minho. This one was really fast and was really good it was the perfect boy to do this job.

But even training Minho couldn't make him stop thinking about his love one. So, one day he had an idea.

They went Minho and him into the maze as usual and they split up to cover more ground,as usual. When Minho was out of sight, Newt started climbing one of the maze walls. Arrived on the top of the wall, Newt stood there frozen.

"Maybe it's the only way to come back to him" He thought.

So he step back a little, gave him a swing and jumped of the wall.

Everything went black.

_____________________________

"Newt! Newt! Stay with me man"

"How this happened????" Newt recognised the voice of a concerned Alby

"He jump off the wall Alby! We need to do something" Minho saved him Newt thought.

"C'mon we are bringing him right now to Jeff and Clint!! We will keep us between us okay? No ones need to know what really happened"

"I promise" that was what Minho answered.

________________________

Newt slowly wakes up, groaning. He opened slowly his eyes to saw two faces with a worried expression: Alby and Minho.

That's when he realised that his plan didn't work out. He was still in the glade.

Alby: Newt we are so glad that you're alive!!

They both gave him a hug

Alby: But now you need to tell us what happened.

Newt took a deep breath. He knew that he was going to lie to them. He didn't have the choice. He couldn't tell them the truth: that he was from the future and he did that because he wanted to go back.

Newt: The truth is, It's been two years, almost three, that I've been searching an exit in that bloody maze and I didn't find any (yes he did but he had to wait for Thomas). I started to believe that we were stuck here forever. So I decided to jump to stop keeping thinking about this.

Alby and Minho looked at each other and then looked back to Newt.

Alby: We won't tell anyone about what happened if someone ask, we will all lie about it alright? But you need to never, never, never do that again. Understood?

Alby said that with a cold tone in his voice and had a hard look on him. Newt knew at that moment that he wasn't joking and that Alby truly cared for him.

Newt nodded. And suddenly felt an painful feeling.

Minho noticed it.

Him: I saw you jump. I had the time to catch you in your fall but your right leg hit the ground even if I have catch you. Clint said that it's broken. We don't have the supplies here in the glade to help you cure from it. So, you will have difficulties with your leg for the rest of your life.

Newt slowly nodded. It was a lot to take in. But he knew that it was his fault and that he had to live with the consequences of his actions.

Alby: that also means that you can't be the leader of the runners anymore. With your broken leg, you're slower than before and you can risk to get stuck in the maze. And everyone here knows that a glader stuck in the maze for the night is a dead one.

Alby took a deep breath

Him: But, you are still my second and you can do this job now. You will coordinate everything. You will see that everyone is doing well their jobs, you will do some chores very important and you will be the person in reference in my absence. Do you agree to do this?

Newt nodded with a little smile. After the thing he has done, Alby still give him a chance to prove himself. This time, he needs to don't screw up.

_____________________________

It's been three years now that Newt is in the glade and it's always the same thing. Every day, he had a meeting with Alby and the other chiefs of each group and they talk about how everything is going in each jobs. After that, Newt goes around to see how it's going in the fields, do things that Alby gave to him and wait for his best friend, Minho, to come back and tell him his day and what he saw in that maze. And, one day per month , it's also the same thing. The box came up, Alby and the others go around the box to see the new one, help him getting out, Gally love scaring the new ones, and Alby go with him do the tour of the glade and meet everyone. It always been boys that come up. Not a single girl came out. Two months ago, a very young boy, named Chuck had arrived but there aren't any girls.

_____________________________

This was finally this day in the month where a new one comes out. Newt wasn't very exited about it. It was the routine. The day became with the usual meeting and after that he went help in the fields.

Suddenly the box make sounds that meant that the new one was on his way. Everyone gave up what they were actually doing to go see the new one. Alby couldn't come this month because he had a glader to meet who had trouble doing his work correctly. So Newt go at his place.

He went to the box besides Gally.

Newt: Please be more gentle to this one. I don't want him to be scared as hell because of you. You know what it did to Chuck when you scared him as hell and he peed in his pants.

Gally: Oh c'mon Newt you know it's just for fun!

Newt gave him a serious look

Gally: Alright, Alright I will try.

The box suddenly opened on the boy. Gally jumped in it and took the greenie by the collar of his shirt.

Him: Day one greenie! Rise and Shine!