Be together

AUTHOR'S POV

Newt immediately went to the medjacks cabin. When he entered, Alby was sitting on his bed, peacefully.

Newt sat next to him.

Him: Are you okay? Alby..?

Thomas came to join them.

Alby looked at Newt.

Him: We are going to die....

Newt: What do you mean?

And as he said theses words, they heard a sound. It was coming from the maze. Thomas rushed outside to see what was going on. Newt stood up not long after and told Jeff and Clint to keep an eye on him no matter what is going to happens.

Newt came join the others at the front door.

Him: What is happening?

Gally: The doors aren't closing!

Newt: Alright everyone! Go find a place where you can hide from the grivers! Now! Winston come with me we are going to check if everyone is safe.

Thomas: Newt...

Newt looked at him

Him: I want to come with you!

Newt: No Tommy you can't. What I want is you to be safe so go with Teresa, find somewhere to hide and we will see each other again soon. You need to stay alive. You have to.

Thomas: I also need to tell you that I..

Grivers sounds interrupted him. They were coming. Everyone ran away as fast as they could.

____________________

Newt and Winston went around the glade as fast as they could to save as many gladers as possible. At first, they sent them in the box where they could hide and then in the pits. But suddenly Winston shouted at Newt to be sure to be heard.

Winston: Newt!!! We need to place them in another place!!

The grivers were approaching.

Newt: Alright!!! Then let's go all together hide in the council cabin!!!

They went in the council cabin and waited for the others to come. Hopefully, they arrived almost at the same time that the others. Newt was peaceful to see that Alby, Minho, Chuck and Thomas, the person he cared about the most were there, alive.

They closed the doors and waited in silence. That's when Newt realised that something was wrong.

Grivers had started to climb to the roof. And there were many other all around the cabin on the outside.

"We are trap here. There is no escape" He thought.

As he thought that, a griver suddenly tried to take Chuck. Thomas was holding him and suddenly Alby took a stick and took off the venom of the griver witch make it release Chuck.

Newt was happy that his friends didn't died. But he noticed that Alby was too close to the hole in the roof that the griver has made.

Newt: Hey Alby! Why don't you...

He has been interrupted by another griver who came to took Alby. Thomas was holding him down but the griver was really strong. He ran to Alby to give help to Thomas. He noticed that Alby said something to Thomas and then vanished with the griver.

Newt was shock, he had tears in his eyes. Thomas looked at him, who was also devastated.

Him: I'm sorry Newt... very sorry. I did everything that I could...