The truth

AUTHOR'S POV

Newt's mother stayed quiet for minutes which seams
like hours for Newt. Then she finally spoke up.

Her: Newt, you are my son, and I know you never lied to me. But you were gone for six years. Don't get mad but are you sure it real? That you have not imagined it? People who get kidnapped can create themselves a world to escape from their reality. And since history is your favourite subject in class...

Newt wasn't listening to her anymore.

"Could it be true?" He wondered himself."Could I really imagined all this? The Maze, my second family and Thomas. Tommy... but it felt so real. I thought.... oh maybe I can check if it's true. There is only a way to do this ."

Newt(interrupting her): Mom can we go somewhere? I want to show you if I really made that up or not.

She wasn't sure about it but decided to trust her son like she always did.

So they went to the safe heaven sanctuary.

When they arrived there, Newt started explaining things to his mother.

Him: That is the place Thomas, Minho, Brenda and Gally and the others were trying to reach since all theses years mom! And I helped them this time!

He started scanning the memorial with his eyes.

Him(desperate): There must be something here that prove that I was there at that time.

His mother looked at him helpless. Seeing her son looking desperately for clues that would made her believe that he told the truth.

She decided to help him search because she was a good mother.

Everything was still there. All the buildings, the cabins and the camp fire site.

Newt went his own way and went to see the cabins.

"Bloody hell they really did an amazing job setting up here." Newt thought.

The cabin near the ocean belonged to the people who helped the most. The first cabin was the one who belonged to Vince and Mary. Their names were written on the top of the cabin. Next was Jorge, Brenda, Gally.

As much as Newt was walking further, he knew the two people who were left. And he really wasn't sure if he really wanted to go there see.

He took a deep breath and decided to go see for himself. When he arrived at the first cabin next to Gally, Newt didn't have to read the name on the cabin frame.

He knew it belonged to his best friend.

Theses cabin were quite small but they had everything they needed in it. A bed, a mirror, a nightstand and a sink.

In Minho's cabin, there were weapons of all kinds, some maps and some paper notes that he wrote when they were trying to find an escape from the maze.

Newt took the notes in his hands and sadly chuckled.

"Minho you bloody bastard! I never thought you would be that kind of guy who keeps all his souvenirs." Newt thought.

There was also some clothes and an old water bottle.

After he checked out that cabin, he got out and looked at the only cabin that remained.

Newt noticed that it was kind of far away from the others. Isolated.

That cabin was the thing Newt was the most afraid of.