He cares about you

AUTHOR'S POV

Newt looked at her confused

Him: What the bloody hell is that supposed to mean??

Her: Are you gay?

Him: Of course not!! I'm heterosexual and I am pretty sure that before all of this I had a girlfriend!

Newt was really surprised of how spontaneous he had said theses things. It's like he was really heterosexual.

"I mean I had a girlfriend once. In elementary school and that's when I found out that I was gay" He thought.

Him: Can I ask why you ask me that?

Her: Because I talked a lot with Thomas and he talked about you

He interrupted her.

Him: We have becoming friends Teresa alright? That's what people do here to survive! Thomas and I are friends and we are getting along great! I know you love him it's oblivious you're the only girl here alright? And Thomas is into girls so I don't know why you waste your time asking me, a boy, if something happened between us alright? You know what? Minho is not so far from here and he spent a lot of time with Thomas in the maze! You should go ask him the same question!

He started to went away.

Her: Newt wait!

But he didn't listen to her and went away.

_______________________________

Thomas was in the pit when he heard someone approaching. It was Chuck.

Thomas: Hey Chuck!

Him: Hi! I brought you some food! But you have to keep it for yourself!

Thomas smiled at him and started eating.

Thomas: This place sucks!

Chuck: You are lucky that Newt had defended you because Gally would have gave you a much more worse punishment.

Thomas nodded.

Him: Yeah and I should thank him again for that.

Chuck: You know.... I.. I should not tell you that but.. when you were stuck in the maze, Gally has been really hard on Newt. He was saying to him that he failed because you was his responsibility and that he had to care for you. He also defended yourself when Gally was constantly saying things on you that wasn't true. Newt went through hell that Newt. And he did it to protect your honour. He really cares about you. I mean, he cares for all of us but I think he likes you more than anyone here. I can see it in how he acts when he's with you.

Thomas: Thanks Chuck for told me that. I will let Newt know that I thank him for what he did that night.

He paused and saw that Chuck was holding a little piece of wood.

Him: What are you holding in your hand?

Chuck showed him a little wooden statue.

Him: You made that yourself??

Chuck: Yeah.

Thomas was really impressed by his talent.

Him: Chuck you are very good!! Who is going to be the lucky one to have it?

Chuck smiled and had sparkles in his eyes.

Him: When all this will be over, I want to go back to my parents and give them this. I don't know if they even remember me but I will give them.