I loved him mom

*Yeah I know I put a video instead of a picture because I saw that on Instagram the other day and I instantly started to cry!this song was made for them. Don't you dare tell me otherwise;/*

AUTHOR'S POV

Newt slowly went back to his mom. She was still waiting for him sitting on that bench at the entry of the sanctuary. He was behind her but, somehow, she felt him. She slowly stood up, turned around and saw a Newt with glossy, puffy eyes, with tears all over his face.

Newt(sobbing and almost whispering): I loved him mom.

She then immediately hug her son. Once he was in her embrace, he instantly started crying. Newt's mom patted his back and playing in his blond hair to calm him.

Her: I know baby. It's okay. Let it all out.

She had tears coming up her eyes too. Seeing Newt like this was the worst thing ever. When he disappeared, she thought she would die. It was like a a part of her had been cut off.

They stayed like that for few minutes, which looks like hours for Newt and then Newt broke the embrace to get out a tissue out of his pocket to wipe out his tears.

His mother smiled to him.

Her: Why don't we go back home huh? It's my turn to show you something.

Newt nodded and Newt's mom passed her arm around Newt's shoulders, hugging him and they headed home like that.

_______________________________
A FEW MONTHS LATER, IN THE SAFE HEAVEN...

Thomas stood up from his bed and starting dressing up.

Him: Brenda, we can't do this again. It was a mistake. We were both lonely and that ended to this.

The night before, Thomas just couldn't handle the pain of Newt's letter anymore. So he took some alcohol, but with the fact that he hasn't eat very much since they got here, he got really drunk and Brenda came to his cabin before going to sleep to see if he was okay and it lead to this. Him and Brenda, sleeping together.

Brenda looked at him offended.

Her: A mistake??

Thomas looked at her a little upset.

Him: Yeah! A mistake! I don't love you Brenda! I will never love you in the way you want me to love you. You are a friend to me nothing more.

Brenda was now mad.

Her: Of course I knew that! Last time I check last night you weren't screaming my name! My name is not Newt!

Now Thomas was also getting mad.

Him: Well I am sorry that you are not the love of my life Brenda! Is that what you want to hear? To hear the truth? That you are the first girl I sleep with and that you are the first person I have slept with since the love of my life is gone?

Brenda had enough. She was now screaming.

Her: Newt is dead Thomas!!! You need to get over it!! He won't come back!! I know you loved him like you never loved someone like that before. But you need to move on Thomas!! It's been two months that we are here and you are barely eating, sleeping or even getting out of that cabin!!

The fact that she talked about the fact that Newt is dead when Thomas knew he left him alone in another world just broke his heart even more.

Thomas(warning her, screaming):Don't you dare talk about him that way Brenda!!! And what do you know about love Brenda huh?? You are here to teach me how to get over a person I love but what about you??? Do you ever loved someone like I love Newt?? Huh???