The Safe Heaven Sanctuary

AUTHOR'S POV

The sanctuary was desert. Nobody was there. The boys started to visit it. The first thing they saw it's the old boat that the rebels used to come to this island. By using it, many kids that the W.I.C.K.E.D has been holding have been saved. No ones have modified it to respect the historical standards of the sanctuary.

After that, they went to the camp. There was a huge cabin who they could assume was the cafeteria. It has many tables and a kitchen at the back. The boys could imagine how animated this could be, everyone enjoying their meals and the cook who was happily cooking at the back.

Then, the other cabin was all the bedrooms. Most of it was filled with hammocks who were still there today. There was also another small cabin, at the other side of the sanctuary who has been the infirmary.

They also discovered the remains of what should have been crops and lands to grow vegetables and fruits.

The last thing they discovered together is the graves of the rebels. Newt sat down and took time to read some.

" Minho

May your soul be rest in peace. Your wife Sonya and your children and also your close one will always remember you as a fighter but also as a kind heart person. You are and you will always be my best friend. Fighting by your side has been a pleasure to me. Rest well my friend you deserved it. -T"

"Gally,

You have been a protective person who always looked out for your friends and for that we thank you. You helped us very much to get to this place and even if you have been a real jerk to me you earned my respect and my friendship through the years. Goodbye my friend - T "

"Frypan,

Your delicious meals kept us in shape and strong enough to fight and to live an healthy life. You lived a wonderful life with your wife Harriet and your family. It's been a pleasure to meet you my friend and thank you for all your help. Rest in peace man.- T"

Newt: Is that just me or all the graves are signed by the same person?

Adam: No, you're right. Oh, wait a minute come look at theses ones.

Newt went see his boyfriend.

" Thomas,

You were the heart of this rebellion but also our lovely leader. We would do everything for you. I loved you so much. It was an honour for me to have been your girlfriend. I will never forget you. Never. You may don't know it yet but as we already talk about, you will save many lives Thomas and maybe the human race is saved. Rest in peace my king- B"

Newt stood up

Him: I knew it!!!

Adam: What?

Him: Thomas saved us Adam! Can't you see it! He's the reason we're alive!

Adam took him in his arms

Adam: He's also the reason we are together.

Newt smiled at they kissed

Adam: So... are you hungry?

Him: I'm starving!

They both laugh and they went to find a place where they could eat their lunch.

_________________________

After lunch, they settled themselves for the night. They took out their sleeping bags and their pillows. They were not far from the site. In fact, they were two minutes walking from it. While Adam was preparing the marshmallows for their desserts, he asked Newt to go find some branches for starting the fire.

Newt agreed and went in direction of the historical site where he saw branches few hours ago. When he saw them, he started picking them but, suddenly, something got his attention.

It was a part of the site they didn't explore at all. It was like a big  stand where many many people can sit and it was very large. In the middle of it, there was the remains of a fire.

"Maybe that's where they were enjoying being all together" He thought.

As he turned around to go back to Adam, something else caught his attention. It was a big rock very tall. Newt came closer to it and saw many names on it. On the top of it, it was written "the fallens" .

"Chuck, Alby, Winston, Teresa" 

As he read other names on the rock a name got his attention : Thomas.

"Why was he on this rock? He didn't die to let them got here" He thought.

He decided to touch the rock, to pay respect to all the people who died for them to get there, to allow humanity to recover which made Newt and Adam alive in this world.

So he knelt to pray to thank theses people and touched the rock. The sun was still not disappearing to let place of the moon but it was very close to it. A last shining sun light hits the rock and Newt touched it. And then, nothing.

___________________________

He woke up and everyone around him was dark. He couldn't see anything.

"Adam? Adam? " Newt called the name of his boyfriend but he got no answers from him. Even if he couldn't see where he was he knew he wasn't on the sand anymore. It was a hard metal floor.

Suddenly he heard a noise. He lifted his head and saw a red light just. The thing he was in started to move and the move fast.

He called for help but he was alone. So he waited as it was going faster and faster and then it stops. A green light suddenly appeared and the roof of the thing he was in opened.

A black skinned boy with many others were all around the thing Newt was in. He opened the roof doors and came in to see Newt.

Him: Hi green bean! Welcome to your new world!

He took Newt and pushed him outside of the thing he was in. Newt fell on grass. As he didn't understand where he was, he stood up and looked around him. There were big walls closed all around them. He knew then where he was.

He was in a maze