Are you alright?

AUTHOR'S POV

Newt felt someone touching his shoulders. It was the black skinned boy.

Him: Are you alright?

Newt: What... What year is it?

Him: hey, it's alright if you don't remember. We all forgot our lives before the maze. They erased it. Don't worry you're like us. Do you remember your name?

Newt: I'm....I'm Newt.

The boy smiled at him but was a bit confused.

Him: Wow! You already remember your name! Most of us didn't until 2 or 3 days after our arrival.

Newt: I...I don't know what to say... I just remember it.

"And a lot more actually" He thought.

The boy shook his hand.

Him: Hi Newt, I'm Alby! Welcome in the glade!

Newt heart's stopped.

"Alby? No, that's not possible. He died many years ago trying to help the rebels to be free. He will die soon!! Wait? That's means I'm in 2013!!!! I've been travelling in the past??? No, that's not possible! I need to get back to Adam he will be worried as sick if I don't return back!!"

Alby: Are you sure you're alright?

Him: Yeah, I'm just very confused.

Alby: it's alright. We all have been like you when we first came out. Actually we are four with you now but it has all been the same. I arrived first and I was very confused too. You will get used to it.

Alby showed to Newt the place and the two other people who were there. Their names were George and Jeff. There was not many cabins yet. It was not very organised as his teacher had told him when they talked about the maze experience.

After that, Alby called at meeting in the only huge cabin that they had. Alby and the others decided that this place was for the meetings. After everyone arrived, Alby closed the doors.

Him: Good afternoon everyone, I know how hard it must be for you Newt, you just arrived and I asked you to come to this meeting, but we need to this meeting it's very important.

Jeff: What is it Alby?

Him: With the arrival of Newt, we know for sure that one time per month, a greenie arrive with some stuff for the glade. The thing we don't know it's how many greenie will still be coming to us. We need to organise the glade to be welcoming, working as a society and having structure.

NEWT'S FLASHBACK

The history teacher: In the maze, there were many clans : runners, cooks, slicers, people who worked in the fields and the Chef.

END OF FLASHBACK

Newt: We could separate our people in clans to make profite all of us.

The others looked at him confused

Alby: What do you mean?

Newt: for example, when there will be more people, we could create jobs for everyone. Like runners who can go into the maze to find an exit because we are trap here, person who can work in the fields to take care of our crops, slicers who could kill animals and make steaks that the cooks will be cooking. And of course a chief.

The others looked at each other and looked back to Newt.

Him: And we can also have builders to build us homes and cabins for each jobs. And medjacks to cure or injuries.What do you think?

Alby: I think this is a wonderful idea! For the moment it's not possible to have all theses jobs in fonction but we can still do what we can with what we have.

Jeff: I want to be a medjack. I'm good with medical stuff and blood don't affect me.

George: I want to be a builder! I know I'm alone right now but I can still build strong and beautiful things.

Alby brightly smiled and faced Newt.

Him: What about you?

Newt: I want to be a runner.

__________________________
MEANWHILE

Adam searched his boyfriend for hours when he noticed that Newt have been gone for almost twenty minutes. After hours of searching the site, he didn't found him. He decided to call him. He took off his phone from his pocket and called him.

Suddenly, he heard the sound of his boyfriend's phone. He ran in direction of the sound and when he arrived to the phone, Newt wasn't there. Only the rock of the fallen was in front of him. Panicking, he grabbed his stuff and went back home.

Adam: MOM!!!! DAD!!!!!

They both arrrived

Adam's mom: Baby what's wrong?

Him: Have you seen Newt?

His dad: We thought that he was with you.

Him: He was actually! Until he went searching for branches for the fire and then he vanished without a trace!! I have found his cellphone but that's the only thing I found. You know him, you know that he always carry his phone on him.

His dad: I will call the police

His mother came to give him a hug and Adam cried a lot

Him: I'm scared mom

His mother: shhhh, it's alright son, it's alright to be scared, I'm sure we will find him soon.

________________________
IN THE MAZE

After the meeting, the four boys ate dinner together and after that, Alby showed to Newt were he would sleep. After everyone has been falling asleep, Newt went exploring the glade

" I have to get back to Adam, he's my everything." He thought.

"When I touched the stone, I came here. So maybe if I touch the walls of the maze everything will be alright again and I will see Adam again."

So he spent the night trying to touch theses walls to go back to his time. But nothing has worked. After each move, Newt was becoming more and more hopeless and break in tears. He thought a last thought before going to sleep.

"I need to help theses people to get out of this situation even if I want to go back. Maybe helping them will bring me some happiness."

__________________________
MEANWHILE

The police has arrived to Adam's house. He went to see them with his parents to answers to their questions.

A policeman: How long have he been gone?

Adam: it's been now four hours. He disappeared at the historical site of the safe heaven.

The policeman: Does he has any family who he might want to see?

Adam's mother: Newt's parents died two years ago. And he doesn't have any other family members. So he lives here with us.

The policeman: How old is he?

Adam's father: He's 16.

The policeman was writing on his notebook and finally closed it

Him: We will send a patrol to look out for him

Adam and his parents: thank you very much!

The policeman: is there anything else that I need to know, who can help us to find him?

Adam give him Newt's phone.

Adam: I found his phone in front of the rock of the fallens. He never goes away without it.

The policeman thanked the family and went back to his car and goes away with other policeman.

Adam's mom: We will find it I'm sure he's not far from here.