A runner

AUTHOR'S POV

Chuck wakes up and stood up. He didn't take the time to go get his breakfast, which is always the thing he does first when he woke up. No. Today he was heading to the doors and nothing can stop him to see if his best friend was still alive.

When he was becoming closer and closer to the door, he saw someone sitting against the maze wall near the door. He went to see him.

Him: Newt??

Newt eyes were red and puffy. His hair were messy and he was very pale.

Newt (in a low voice): Good morning.

Chuck: Have you spent the night out here?

Newt slowly nodded.

Chuck: Why?? Standing here all night couldn't bring them back for theses walls.

Newt: I couldn't sleep. The things Gally said about Thomas really upsets me. Also, I'm worried sick about them don't make it back (even though he knew that Thomas and Minho will be alive) Minho is my best friend Chewby! Alby was the one who welcomed me when not many people were here. He made me felt safe. And Thomas.....

He took a pause

"He made me forget about my old life and my old boyfriend" He thought.

Him: He made me forget the reality of being stuck in this bloody maze. And it felt so good.. I can't bear to loose him.

Chuck sat besides him.

Chuck: You know Newt, since I've got here, I have never see you cry. If so, you hide it well. But I know that you have cried. I don't know if it's about Thomas, Minho or Alby but you must really care to theses persons to not hides it from us.

Newt nodded.

Him: Yes they are.

____________________________

One hour later, everyone was in front of the doors.

Gally came closer to Newt

Him: Ready to see yourself failing?

Winston who heard him faced him

Winston: Enough Gally!! I'm starting to think that it's you who should be trap in that maze!

Everyone laugh at this excepting Gally and Newt, who was too concentrated on saving his friends.  

Finally the doors opened. Newt was so stressed. It opened very slowly and Newt was very hoping that they would be there. But there wasn't anyone.

Gally: Now everyone knows that you have failed Newt. Just admit it. It won't be you or new chief you can be sure of that.

Newt was very done with Gally comments. Everyone started to left the doors to go grab some breakfast. Newt slowly walk away in direction of the forest when he heard a scream.

"YESSSS!!!!!"

It was Chuck. He turned around and saw Thomas and Minho carrying Alby. Newt couldn't be much happier. He ran to them.

Him: What happened?

Minho: He...(looking at Thomas) He killed a griver.

Everyone looked at Thomas. When Newt looked at him and their eyes met, Newt felt safe again.

__________________________

Every Gladers were now in the conference cabin.