Thanks Newt

AUTHOR'S POV

The day after the night of the cranks accident, Winston wasn't feeling well at all. The group was walking through the scorch and he suddenly collapsed. They all decided to build something to carry him.

Once it was made, Frypan insisted on carrying him. Newt proposed himself too but Thomas decided that it was him who would help Frypan.

They decided to take a break under a large rock. Thomas and Teresa went away from the others to talk. Minho, Frypan and Newt were sitting near them.

Newt was staring at Thomas and Teresa and Minho noticed it with a big smile.

Minho: I think I discovered your secret Newt!

Newt rolled his eyes still looking at Thomas and Teresa.

Minho: You are in love!

Newt suddenly turned his head to Minho.

"Bloody hell!! How did he knows that? I swear the god if he tell Thomas about it.."

Minho interrupted him in his thoughts.

Him: You are in love with Teresa!!

"I am blessed" Newt thought. "He doesn't know"

Newt: No I'm not in love with her!!

Minho laughed

Minho: Well, if you don't, your actions tell otherwise.

Frypan: Oh yeah! That would explain that he didn't let me look at Teresa when we were in the building.

Newt: Maybe because she was changing herself and she needed some privacy to do so?

Minho: How are you going to tell Thomas?

Newt heart stopped.

Newt: What?.. What are you talking about?

Minho: Don't be a fool Newt! How are you going to tell Thomas that he has now competition to win Teresa' heart?

Newt: I'm not going to tell him and you won't alright?

Minho was about to protest when they heard a gunshot. Newt and Minho looked at each other and they ran in direction of the sound. Soon after, Teresa and Thomas joined them.

They just saw Winston with Aris and Frypan.

Aris:(panicked) He...He tried to kill himself!

Frypan gave the gun to Thomas. Winston lifted up his hand in the gun's direction.

Winston: Please.....give it to me.....I can't anymore..... please....

They all looked at each other. Newt suddenly went closer to Thomas and took the gun. Thomas began to stress out.

Thomas: Newt?...

Newt didn't answer and sat down next to Winston. He put the gun on Winston chest and put Winston hand on it. Newt tried to hide it the best as he could but he had tears coming up in his eyes.

Him: Goodbye Winston. Thanks for having been a part of this. I will miss those times we hanged out together in the maze. Theses three years wouldn't have been the same without you.

Winston looked at him, he also had tears in his eyes.

Him: Thanks Newt.

And then Newt stood up, took his backpack and began to walk away. It was enough. He couldn't handle himself anymore. Once he got away from the others, Thomas called him but he didn't turn around and kept walking.