I remember my name

AUTHOR'S POV

In the night, the gladers had organised a party to welcome the greenie. Alby and Newt took a stick, put fire on it and then put it in the place specially reserved for make a fire camp.

After talking with a lot of gladers, Newt went sitting on a branch facing the walls of the maze. He just wanted some time alone.

" Can I sit with you?"

Newt turned his head and saw the greenie.

Him: Sure.

The two boys were looking to the maze doors in silence until Newt decided to speak.

Newt: The hell of a first day greenie! Here

Newt gave him his drink

Him: Put some hair on your chest

He silently drank it and suddenly he throw up the drink, coughing.

The greenie: oh my...god what is that?

Newt took back his drink and looked at it

Him: I don't even know! It's Gally's recipe. It's a secret.

The greenie: Yeah, But it's still an asshole.

Newt looked back to him

Him: He saved your life today.

He paused.

Him: Trust me, the maze is a dangerous place.

The greenie: We're trap here are we?

Him: For the moment.

"Until Thomas comes up to save us all" Newt thought. "But I need to give him some hope right now"

Him: But, (Newt turned around to point him his old team of runner) you see those guys? There by the fire? They are the runners. That guy in the middle, that's Minho. He's the keeper of the runners. Every morning when those doors opens, they run the maze, mapping it. Memorising it trying to find a way out.

The greenie looked back at Newt.

The greenie: how long they have been looking?

Newt looked back at him

Him: 3 years

The greenie looked confused

The greenie: You haven't found anything?

"Only Thomas knows how to find the thing we need and get out of here." Newt thought.

Newt smiled at him

Him: It's not as easy as it's said.listen

They heard loud noises coming from the maze.

Him: You hear? It's the maze. Changing. It changes every night.

The greenie: Is that even possible?

Him: You can ask the people who puts us in there if you will ever meet the bastards.

He paused

Him: The truth is, the runners are the only one who really knows what's out there.

"And me" He thought.

Him: they are the strongest and the fastest of us all and it's a good thing too because if they don't make it back before those doors close, then they are stuck out there for the night.

He paused.

Him: No one survive a night in the maze.

The greenie looked at him still confused