chapter three: slytherin

As the kids made their way into the school, Professor Mcgonagall made an announcement explaining the houses of Hogwarts, making Raven and Harry very curious. Raven made his way over to the boy named Neville, handing him the toad.

      Neville thanked the dark haired boy, and was shocked when he found out his identity.

     "So it's true then. Harry and Raven Potter have come to Hogwarts." Draco said.

     "Yeah I already talked to you on the train." Raven stated obviously.

     Draco just ignored his comment, and looked towards Harry.

     "I'm Draco, Malfoy. I met your brother already on the train."

     Ron let out a slight laugh. Causing Draco to turn to him.

      "Think my name is funny? I don't need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand me down robe? Your a Weasley...Potter, you'll find some wizarding families are better than others, you don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort...I can help you there." Draco said, extending a hand to the other Potter.

     "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks." Harry said.

     Unknown to either of them, Raven was off talking to a boy named Blaise Zabini. Ignoring both of them.

     'That's just like him.' Harry thought, laughing inside but at that same time sighed in disappointment from his oblivious to most things twin.

     "We're ready for you!" The professor from before announced.

    As all the students entered the great hall, boing towards the front to be sorted, Harry grabbed his brother by the arm.

     "Raven, try to be serious for once."

     "I am Sirius, it's my middle name." His twin laughed. Harry couldn't help but laugh at Raven's humor.

     When Harry was called up to be sorted, it had by far taken the longest for the hat to decide, before it finally shouted, "Gryffindor!!"

     Harry went to go sit with Ron and Hermione, who had also been sorted into that house.

     "Malfoy, Draco."

   As Draco walked up an sat down, it didn't even take the hat two seconds to decide. It immediately shouted, "Slytherin!"

    Draco smirked, and went to go sit with the table in green.

    "Potter, Raven."

    Raven slowly walked up to the seat, sitting down as the hat was placed on his unkept dark hair.

     "Ah..difficult...even more so than your twin..." the hat said, making Raven a bit nervous.

    "Your intelligent, very into reading your books I see, maybe Ravenclaw? But your intentions are also very cunning, yes...very. There's bravery I see...but not Gryffindor...where should I put you..." the hat explained.

      Raven sat there quietly, awaiting the hard decision. He wasn't going to ask the hat for a specific house. He wanted it to be completely what was on his subconscious mind that the hat would see.

     "Hmm...power...I see you want greatness in there...it better be.....................SLYTHERIN!" The hat yelled, almost surprising Raven so much that he fell out of the chair.

      The Slytherin table began to cheer, and Raven walked toward the table receiving the Slytherin uniform, and was seated next to the platinum blonde from before.

      "I would've never guessed they'd put a Potter in Slytherin." Draco remarked.

      Raven didn't answer him, as he looked over to the Gryffindor table to see his brother look over at him. What hurt Raven the most is that Harry looked almost disappointed in him. Why is he? Just because Slytherin has had bad wizards in it, doesn't mean it's evil...Raven thought.

     "Earth to Potter?"

    Only then did Raven realize Draco had been trying to talk to him.

    "W-what?" He turned over, shaking his head.

      "I was saying, your supposed to be in a dorm with Crabbe, Goyle, and I. According to here." He said.

    Raven was only half paying attention to the boy next to him, as he was too concerned about why his twin looked at him the way he did.

     "Yeah. Alright." He nodded.

     "You seem unsettled." Draco said.

       "Your very observant...for a blonde." Raven said, the last part a bit quieter.

      "What did you say Potter?"

         "Nothing Malfoy." Raven rolled his eyes.

      The boy next to him glared daggers at him, while Raven just grinned like an idiot. He knew this year was going to be fun.

     From what Malfoy acted like when his twin hadn't taken his friendship, Raven knew that he was a bloody git. But that would make it all the more fun for Raven to mess with him. Especially if they're dorming together.

    On their way to the common room after the feast, Raven came up with his plans to prank the blonde boy, and have some fun in his first year.