chapter thirty two: summertime

Draco set down his books on his bed in the shared dorm while sighing. He'd been looking everywhere for his boyfriend but couldn't seem to find him.

      To his surprise, Draco noticed a drawer next to Raven's bed that was slightly open, and he saw green silver and shiny gold colors coming from the inside.

     "The bloody hell is that?" He wondered out loud, and walked over to Raven's drawer.

     He put his hand on the handle and pulled but the drawer didn't budge.

     "What the-" he started.

    He tried to forcefully pull the drawer open, but was repelled back by an enchantment, causing him to fall on his arse.

     "OWWW.." he groaned.

      "Of course that arse would protect it with magic..but what could he be hiding from me?" Draco let his mind wonder what it could be that Raven didn't even want HIM to know.

      He started to get nervous by the millions of possibilities.

     •   •   •

    Later that day, Draco suddenly heard the door of the dorm open and a tired looking Raven walked in.

    "Where the bloody hell where you!?" Draco asked, shooting up from his bed.  

    "What do you mean? I was only gone a few minutes!" Raven said.

     "Gone where!?"

    "Uhhh...well..I sorta..went back in time." Raven said nervously.

     "To do what???!" Draco shouted.

    "Harry Hermione and I, went back to save... Sirius Black and Buck Beak."

    "YOU DID WHAT!?"

    "Listen Draco...Sirius isn't who the murderer was all those years ago, it was actually Peter Pettigrew..he framed Sirius, who is also my brothers god father." Raven explained.

      Suddenly Raven felt a slap across his face.

    "BLOODY HELL THAT HURT!" He grunted loudly as he sat down on his bed, falling back a little from the hit.

    "I'm not angry that you saved him...I'm upset that you put yourself in that much danger IDIOT!" The Malfoy said, sitting next to him, calming down a bit.

    "Oh." Raven said, looking down.

     "Raven.."

      "Hm..?"

       "I worry about you, you know.." the blonde said quietly, but loud enough for the Black haired boy to hear.

      "I'll be fine.." Raven replied.

     "You sure about that??...because..I know how you've been feeling lately and what if one day you just-"

    "Draco..I'm really trying..to get better I mean.." Raven said sadly. He hated when Draco worried about him, but he couldn't help it really.

    "And what is it your hiding from me?" Draco asked, gesturing over to the slightly open drawer. "You cast a protection charm on it..what is it that you don't want me to see?" He inquired.

     "It's nothing bad Draco.." Raven started.

     "You know what, you don't have to tell me.." Draco said, a little annoyance in his voice.

    "Draco...I'm sorry.." Raven said, looking at the blonde.

    Draco's expression was unreadable, as he looked back at the black haired male.

     He then let his head rest on Raven's shoulder.

    "Please just...talk to me...I don't want you to leave.." he said grasping Raven as if he was never going to see him again.

    "Ok...I will, I promise." Raven reassured, placing his arms around Draco.

     Raven being depressed had it's affect on the blonde, he became increasingly worried about Raven, and always made sure he knew where he was. So when Raven had gone back in time, even though he was only gone for a few moments because of the time, Draco still worried because he didn't know where he'd gone.

        The two stayed in eachother arms for a while before going down to the feast. It was almost time to leave Hogwarts for the summer again. Neither Raven or Draco was happy about that. Both of them despised their homes. Draco couldn't stand his family, and Raven would only spend the summer doing chores and labor work for the Dursley's with Harry.

      "I wish there was a way I could come with you.." Raven said, as he hugged Draco goodbye.

     "Maybe there is.." Draco said, getting an idea.

     "Hm?" Raven hummed in surprise.

     "I could probably sneak you into the manor. It's really huge, my father wouldn't even know you're there." The blonde explained.

     "Hmm..I suppose that could work..but Harry was going to Stay with Ron's family..I was supposed to come with." Raven explained.

     "Oh..I see." Draco said sadly.

      "Draco relax, all I have to do is go over there and ask him if I can stay with you." Raven laughed.

     "Oh." Draco scratched the back of his neck.

      "Hey, Harry." Raven greeted his twin as he reached him, who was standing by Ron and Hermione.

    "Hey Raven, come to ask me if you can spend the summer with your boyfriend?"  Harry asked, smirking slightly.

   "Wh-WHAT D-DID YOU J-JUST SAY?!" Raven stuttered.

    "Come on Raven..I'm your twin brother..I already said I lived under a cupboard with you for how many years and I knew you before we were born. When something happens with you..I know about it. So, am I wrong about you and Malfoy?" He asked.

    "U-uhm, w-well n-no." Raven got out.

    "I knew it." Ron said, laughing.

     "And..you don't have a problem with it?" Raven asked Harry.

     "I mean.. I'm not thrilled that it's Malfoy..but if it makes you happy, I'm happy, go spend the summer with him." Harry smiled.

   "Thanks Harry." Raven said hugging him goodbye.

    "You better write me though, and take care of yourself." Harry slapped his face lightly and playfully.

    "I will." Raven laughed.

    Draco watched as the scene played out, a little confused as Harry handed something to Raven, who shoved it into his trunk.

    Raven hugged Ron and Hermione goodbye, and walked back over to his boyfriend.

     "He said yes...and also uhm...uhhhh...he knows about us." Raven laughed nervously.

   "WHAT!" Draco practically shouted.

     "It's ok, he doesn't mind.." Raven smiled, hugging Draco again.

    Draco sighed.

   "Fine..."

     Raven pulled out a cloak from the pocket of his trunk.

    "I borrowed this from Harry...I'll need it if Im going to hide in your family's manor." Raven laughed. It was an invisibility cloak.

    "Yeah, you'll need that." Draco said, as the two got onto the train and found an empty compartment.