chapter thirty four: the dark mark

"I probably shouldn't come with." Raven stated as him and Draco sat in the bathroom outside the quidditch arena.

"You're probably right, I don't know if there's a way to sneak you in." Draco sighed.

"I'll wait and wonder outside, I promise I won't get lost." Raven said putting a hand over his heart.

Draco just laughed at him, as he began to leave the bathroom. Raven watched him head to the arena where fireworks were already starting.

He then noticed his twin brother, Hermione, and the Weasley family waking in as well. He fought the urge to go say hi to them, because he couldn't get into the arena.

Raven sighed, and once the crowd had cleared, he walked out of the bathroom. The place was practically empty and all that stood were tents to the wizard families who'd come to watch the game.

Raven walked through the deserted area as he heard cheering and fireworks from the arena.

Spending the summer with Draco was fun, but he'd not do it again because hiding from his family was a pain.

Raven thought about his summer, how his school year would be, and his classes.

Though his thoughts were interrupted by a two unfamiliar voices.

Raven ducked behind a tent, as two figures approached. Luckily for him, they hadn't noticed.

"Are we almost ready?" One of them asked.

"Almost, were waiting until night to strike." The other said.

Raven gulped visibly, but quietly. He waited until the voices were far away before coming out from hiding. He lugged his trunk to a familiar looking tent where inside, he found Harry's trunk, along with the Weasley's, Hermione's, and an unfamiliar one. He set down his trunk next to his twin's trunk, and peeked out of the tent to see if anyone was there.

' What could these people be up to? Why are they going to strike? I have to warn Harry and the others.' Raven thought.

He stepped out onto the grass, and suddenly turned to see a light. A spell was being cast at him, and he fell to the ground.

• • •

"Raven!Raven!!" The black haired boy heard as someone tried to shake him awake.

He opened his eyes to see his twin brother.

"Harry? What happened?" He groaned, as he sat up.

"There was an attack after the quidditch match..and look up at the sky...it's the work of Voldemort's followers.." harry explained.

"I heard something about a 'strike' before I was knocked out." Raven said, scratching his head.

"Did you see who knocked you out?" Harry asked.

"Unfortunately not..hey wait...what's that!?" Raven asked, looking up towards the sky to see a large mark of a snake and a skull in the night sky.

"I don't know..I saw a man shoot it up into the sky but I couldn't see his face." Harry said.

Suddenly, the two of them heard Ron and Hermione's voices calling for them, as they ran up to the twins.

     "Harry, we've been looking for you! And Raven, it's been a while!" Hermione said, hugging both of them.

     "Yeah, a lot went down here, what the bloody hell is that?!" Ron yelled pointing at the sky.

     Suddenly we were surrounded by wands.

     "Stop!" Someone shouted.

       He was a shorter man, with a mustache, and dark hair.

He asked what the kids had been up to and he saw what was in the sky. Mr. Weasley intervenes and stopped him from getting close to the young wizards and witch.

"My apologies." The man, now known as Barty Crouch said.

"Raven, it's good to see you again. You've grown, and so has your hair." Fred said, as George ruffled the black haired boys hair.

"Good to see you all as well." Raven said. His black hair had gotten much longer, and he'd tied it back in a smaller bun. When it wasn't tied up though, it was about as long as right above his elbows.

"So how was summer with the Weasley's Harry?" Raven asked his twin, who had also grown up a bit.

"It was great, much better than the Dursley's. How about staying with Draco?" Harry asked.

"It was great from what I told you in my letters, but it was difficult hiding the whole time. His dad is real creepy you know?" Raven said, causing Harry and Ron both to laugh.

"Glad to hear you still had a good summer though." The shorter Potter twin said to Raven.

"Thanks, you too."

• • •

"Bloody hell, thank Merlin you're ok!" Draco said, embracing Raven as soon as he entered the compartment that the Malfoy was alone in until he had arrived.

"Glad I found you." Raven said, hugging back.

"You ok?" Draco asked as the sat down in the compartment, closing the entrance.

Raven laid on him, in a tired state.

"Not feeling super well, a little dizzy." Raven replied. Draco strikes his hair as Raven began to fall asleep on him while the train began moving.

While Raven slept, he dreamt of many things, but nothing could prepare him for how eventful this year would be..