chapter twenty two: secrecy

⚠️  TRIGGER WARNING: discussion of suicide, depression...etc.

    "You know, I don't see a reason why you should've jumped." Cedric said, as him and Raven walked down the quote empty corridor.

    The two of them had talked for a while, gotten to know each other, and now Cedric had to bring up the subject of Raven's attempt to off himself.

     "Yeah...now that I tried to do it...I don't know why I wanted to in the first place." Raven admitted.

    "It's alright, you just need to...not be afraid to ask for help mate." He gave the younger male advice.

    "Thanks Cedric. Hey...how old are you anyways?"

    "I'm 16, in my 5th year here." Cedric explained.

    "Your quite wise beyond your years as well." The Potter complimented him.

    "Thanks, but I'm really not." Cedric said modestly.

    "And what might you two be doing in the halls at this hour of night?" Asked a familiar voice.

     "P-Professor Lupin, I was j-just-" Cedric began.

    "It's my fault Professor." Raven said immediately cutting Cedric off.

    "Wha-"

    "If it hadn't been for Cedric, I'd be dead right now." Raven said, causing Cedric confusion. Raven had told him that he didn't want him to tell anyone but he was telling Professor Lupin? Well...telling him indirectly that is.

    "Care to explain?" Professor Lupin asked, gesturing to his classroom.

   Raven just slightly nodded.

   "You may go Diggory." He excused Cedric, who gave a sort of 'good luck' look to Raven, who smiled a little bit back at the boy.

    Upon entering Lupin's classroom, Raven took a seat on one of the steps, and propped his hands up on his knees.

     Professor Lupin sat next to him, exhaling deeply.

     "What did you mean by...you'd be dead?" Lupin asked him.

    "You go first." Raven retorted.

     The Professor was expecting this from Raven, after finding out from someone else, that he was his god father.

    "I'm sorry. I meant to tell you myself...I just didn't know how...and I was afraid if I told you you'd be angry with my for not being there for you more your whole life." Lupin explained, rambling on.

     Raven sighed deeply, he accepted the professors apology but he still felt angry.

     "I was going to jump from the tower...actually scratch that...I did jump." Raven admitted, his voice was hoarse as if he was trying very hard not to burst into tears.

     "Raven-"

      "Like I said, If Cedric hadn't shown up I'd be dead. He saved my life." Raven finished, the Professor wore a sad expression as he threw an arm around Raven's shoulders.

     "Listen...I've been where you are...it isn't pretty. I used to think offing myself was the only way to get out of the hell that is life, but really...it's those around you that keep you alive." Lupin shared with him.

     Both struggled with these intense feelings and emotional and physical scars, and now shared their pain with each other. 

     "Thanks...Remus."

  The use of his Professor's first name wasn't well, him being his professor...it was because he was his god father.

     And now, he was going to act like it.