chapter thirty seven: dragons

Raven wiped sweat nervously from his brow, sitting on the cot like mattress in the waiting area. Harry and himself were the last to fight their dragons and Raven was growing more nervous the longer he sat.

"You ok?" Harry asked through the cloth that was separating them.

"If you want me to be honest no, how are you?" Raven replied.

"I'm nervous as all hell." Harry admitted.

"You got the toughest dragon bro.." Raven said sympathetically. Harry had gotten the Hungarian Horntail. The toughest looking one of the bunch, Raven was fighting a dragon they called the Antipodean Opaleye. The dragon wasn't the most agressive looking but was very tall, and intimidating. Fighting a dragon in general would frighten most anyone. Raven wasn't scared but he was nervous, what if he made a wrong move?

Interrupting his thoughts it was Harry's turn. His brother left to go fight his dragon.

Raven nervously fiddled with his fingers, cheering on his brother in his head and, anxiously awaiting to fight his dragon.

   Time went by and Harry had successfully gotten his egg. Raven was soaked in sweat as his name was called. He wasn't necessarily afraid of the dragon, but he was afraid of failing in front of the crowd. The dragon however, was also quite intimidating.

    "Right, here I go..." Raven muttered as he exited the tent.