chapter forty four - bittersweet

Two weeks later...

   Footsteps, rain dripping, and quiet whispers on the street of knockturn alley.
The dampness of the streets added to the dreariness of the alleyway, and the scent of rain filled the noses of those who walked by.

Draco was on his way to pick up something for his father, at Borgin and Burke's. He was to say the least, sad.

Suddenly, he was grabbed from behind and pulled into the darkness. His mouth had been covered by another wizard, and he struggled against their grip.

"Don't say anything." Said a familiar voice, as the other male let go of Draco.

The blonde spun around quickly to meet the familiar face, of his lover.

"Raven? What the hell? Where have you been since the third task?" Draco questioned. Raven shushed him, warning him to keep his voice down.

"I've gone into hiding. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. But you can't tell anyone you saw me here. Or even that I'm still alive." Raven said.

"Ok so it's true then, you really did kill Pettigrew." Draco realized.

"Yes, I did. Ive already been expelled from Hogwarts, and the ministry is looking for me." Raven explained.

"Raven..." Draco, grabbed the other wizard and embraced him.

"Raven, ever since I've gotten home to the manor, there's been death eaters, and...Voldemort. They want me to join them. I don't know what to do. I don't think I have a choice."

"Listen.." Raven said, parting from the embrace. "I don't have very long, and I may not be able to see you for a long time, but I need you to stay strong ok?" He finished.

Draco looked as if he were on the verge of tears, but he swallowed it, and nodded.

"I love you."

"I love you too Draco." Raven said, then disappeared.