chapter thirty five: tri wizard tournament

Raven sat at the Slytherin table as Dumbledore explained the Tri wizard tournament. Raven couldn't lie to himself though, he wasn't really listening. He heard the important parts like "dangerous tournament against other schools, entering, blah blah blah, 17 years old, blah blah, tri wizard cup, champion.."

     Raven tapped his foot, bouncing his leg, and tried to calm himself from the events of the quidditch match. The mark in the sky, everything.

     A certain blonde sitting next to him noticed his distress. He nudged him, and spoke quietly.

    "You alright?" He whispered.

     "Not really." Raven replied scooting closer to Draco. Their shoulders touched, and Raven leaned into him a little.

     "Is what happened still bothering you? I thought you got some sleep on the train?" Draco asked.

     "Yeah, and not very much, I couldn't stop thinking." Raven admitted, whispering back.

     Suddenly they heard the door burst open. A bunch of lovely ladies dressed in blue walked in, making a grand entrance.
They were the Beuxbattons.

     Raven yawned, but covered his mouth and kept quiet. Draco put a hand on his knee comfortingly.

     Next were the durmstrangs. To Raven, they were a bunch of muscular guys doing stick tricks.

      After explaining the rest of the tournament, Raven and Draco headed off to their dorm.

     "I have a bad feeling about this year Draco.." Raven said, plopping his trunk down and pulling his shirt off.

    "What's been bothering you?" Draco asked, getting changed as well.

    "Just ..everything." raven began. "Nothing feels right and what if..what if something really bad happens this year..like..what if-"

    "Raven, quit it with the what ifs." Draco said, as Raven felt a pair of arms wrap around the back of his neck, and Draco's head rested on his shoulder.

     "You've got to stop worrying so much." The blonde said.

     Raven sighed, and watched as Draco laid down to go to sleep.

     Once he was asleep, Raven pulled out Salazar's diary. He flipped to the page with the symbols on it, and took out a spare peice of parchment to translate it onto. Over the summer he'd been learning how to translate the symbols, and he was finally ready to translate what Salazar had written.

    He began translating the symbols, writing down new words now.

   Raven gasped silently as he saw the words on the page. Salazar's words read..

The weapon lies,
      where mountain touches skies.

                You can not find it,
       just by looking with your eyes.

                       To weild it,
    you must give up what you love.

   Raven stared at the page. 'where mountain touches skies? Where could that be?' he thought, scratching his head.

     "Raven.." he heard someone groan.

     He quickly shoved the diary under his covers, and placed his ink and quill on his bedside table.

    "What are you still doing awake?" The blonde asked, rubbing his eyes and swinging his legs over the side of his bed.

     "Uh-uhm.." Raven stuttered.

    "Come over here." Draco told him.

      Raven stood up and walked over to his boyfriend's bed.

     He sat next to him, and Draco interlaced their fingers.

     "Can't sleep?" He asked the black haired boy.

      "Uhhh..y-yeah." Raven lied.

     "Have you thought about actually trying?" Draco asked.

     Raven shrugged.

Draco tugged his arm, pulling the both of them onto their backs. He then turned towards the green eyed male.

"Raven.." He said. His lips slightly parted, and Raven took that opportunity to kiss him.

His tongue slid into the blondes mouth, and this caused Draco to softly moan into the kiss. But he still kissed back.

The kiss Draco had shared with Raven, comforted him somehow.

When the two separated, Raven felt at ease. He felt more tired for some reason.

"Dra..co.." he got out.

"Hm?"

"Did you put a sleeping dought in that kiss?" Raven asked groggily.

Draco laughed quietly.

"No, I just tried my best to calm you down." He replied, tucking a strand of hair behind Raven's ear.

Raven's eyes finally closed, and he drifted off to sleep. Draco sighed, and wrapped his arms around the black haired boy.

"He finally sleeps."