chapter thirty: howls and barks

Raven pulled on his tie, causing it to come undone as his hood fall off of his black hair. He didn't really care how he looked, he was just going out to explore the castle for new clues about how to find Slytherin's weapon. He suddenly heard voices from down the hall.

   It sounded like Harry...Ron..and Hermione?

    He hid behind a pillar, and watched. He was right, it was those three. What were they doing out this late? He saw them heading outside. He decided to follow them.

    He realized, they were headed towards the wimping willow. What could they be doing there?

     He suddenly saw the three enter the tree. He laid back, and ducked behind a bush, waiting.

"Raven what the bloody hell are you doing now?!" A familiar blonde said from behind Raven. Before he even answered, Raven pulled Draco down into the bush with him, putting a hand over the Malfoy's mouth.

"Shh..." he whispered.

He slowly removed his hand and Draco began whispering.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked.

"Your mom..." Raven said sarcastically causing Draco to roll his eyes and turn away from the black haired boy.

"Hey I was just joking with you, I was following my brother and Ron and Hermione." Raven admitted.

"Why would they be coming out here to the tree of death?" Draco asked.

"I'd hardly call it a tree of death, it's called the Whomping Willow." Raven corrected his boyfriend.

"Whatever it's called...I still don't know why they'd go near it." Draco said.

"Sh-" Raven hushed, pointing to a figure who was walking towards the tree.

"Is that...professor Lupi-"

"Hush Draco." Raven cut him off again. Draco rolled his eyes. He slid off of his knees and let his arse sit on the ground.

He sighed deeply yet quietly, and Raven turned toward him.

"You think something bad is gonna happen?" Draco asked.

"When my brother or I is involved? Always." Raven answered, looking at Lupin enter the whomping willow. He suddenly felt something cover his hand, then squeeze it. It was Draco's hand.

"What's wrong?" Asked Raven, turning to face him.

"I know your gonna go in there, just...come back alive please?" Draco said, holding Raven's hand tightly.

"Promise." He said, letting go of his hand and standing up.

Raven dusted off his pants, and made his way towards the tree. That is, until he noticed Snape walk into the tree.

What is he doing here?

Raven gulped but quickly made his way over to the tree and entered.