chapter twenty one: everything

⚠️   TRIGGER WARNING: suicidal themes

*one month time skip*

   Ravens mind raced between the past events as he ran up the corridors of the stone castle that was Hogwarts. Conversations, phrases, words, and thoughts played and repeated over and over in his head.

     Draco...was his boyfriend, but he couldn't tell anyone. His brother was keeping secrets from him. He just found out that Professor Lupin was his God father, and Sirius was Harry's. Lupin had withheld the truth from him, and it made him angry. It also made him angry that the man he was named after. His middle name, Sirius. That man had betrayed his parents. The cuts on Raven's arm had healed, but were re-opened by the angry black haired teen. He'd been cutting in different places too, his ankles, his thighs, and his stomach. He was littered with cuts, which you couldn't see underneath his robes.

      Raven finally reached the top of the tower. He didn't know where he was, but he wandered to find a door leading to the balcony of that tower.

     Raven's behavior hadn't gone unnoticed. His twin Harry, had consistently asked him questions, but the taller Potter twin never answered them. Draco, his best friend, and now Boyfriend, had also noticed. He had pestered him more and more everyday, but Raven refused to open up, even to him.

      Raven was now on the balcony of the tower. His palms almost dripping with sweat as they were balled up in fists and he sucked his teeth.

     Suddenly, he released his fists, and took a deep breath out. He relaxed, and instead of anger, his expression fell to that of  a sad one.

      Raven stepped towards the railing of the balcony. He breathed in.

     He put one leg on top of the railing. He breathed out.

    He pulled his other leg up as well. He breathed in.

    He exhaled sharply. He thought about it. He didn't want to lose his Twin brother, or his Lover, best friend, or his friends. He was absolutely terrified and couldn't breathe. He didn't want to do this anymore, but it was too late...

    The weight of his body, tipped over the front of the railing as his legs shook beneath him.

      His heart almost stopped as he began to fall from the tower. He shut his eyes tightly, and braced himself for death.

    He prepared to hit the ground harshly, and wake up in the afterlife...

     But he felt something intertwined with his hand.

    It was another hand.

   Raven shot his eyes open...

   He wasn't falling anymore....

     He was being pulled up by another person. He only caught a glimpse of a kind looking brunette, as he was pulled back onto the tower.

   "Are you alright?!" He questioned, as he settled Raven safely back over the railing. Raven couldn't speak.

   "Th-thanks." Was all he could get out. Raven hadn't realized there were fresh tears falling from his cheeks, until he wiped his eyes, making sure this was real, and that he wasn't dead.

    "Don't mention it. I wasn't about to let you die. Even if that is what you wanted." The kind looking boy said, offering Raven a hand to help him up.
Raven took it, and the boy pulled him up.

    "C'mon, we best get you to Madam Pompfrey. Can't have you go jumping like that again." He said.

    "No!" Raven said quickly, as they began to walk back inside.

    "I mean...please don't tell anyone about this. I promise it won't happen again, and you...you saved my life." Raven tried convincing him.

   "I don't know Raven Potter, and seriously, don't mention the saving your life bit." He said.

   "You know who I am?"

   "How could I not know who the Potter twins are? Well, anyways...at least let me walk you back to your common room?" The boy asked.

   "Sure...uhm-" Raven began, realizing he didn't know the boy who'd saved his life's name.

   "Cedric. My name is Cedric Diggory."