chapter nine: crabbe and goyle

"Where the bloody hell are they?!" Malfoy scoffed angrily.

      "Relax Draco. I'm sure there around here, let's split up." Raven suggested. Draco nodded, taking the left corridor while Raven took the right. After a while of searching, Raven saw the two across the hall, adjusting their robes.

      "Hey idiots, Malfoy's been looking for you." Raven greeted them. The two turned around, and Raven saw Crabbe looking very uneasy, and Goyle wearing glasses.

      "Sorry we were just Uh-" Goyle began.

       "Eating!" Crabbe butted in.

       Raven rolled his eyes, shifting his feet around and raising his left eyebrow.

      "If you two are going to disguise yourselves as Crabbe and Goyle, you may wanna lose the glasses Harry." Raven smirked at his brother, and Ron, who were disguised as Crabbe an Goyle.

       "Raven bloody hell! Be quiet." Crabbe (Ron) whisper yelled.

       "Raven besides the glasses, how did you know?" Goyle (Harry) asked, shoving the glasses into the pocket of his robes. His brother just turned around, laughing.

     "I'm quite perceptive, but don't worry. Draco won't know, and I won't tell him unless you give me reason to. But why are you two disguised as Crabbe and Goyle anyway?" Raven asked, gesturing for the two boys to follow him back to the Slytherin common room. As they began their walk there, Harry replied.

     "Well, we're kind of..."

     "Investigating Malfoy." Ron finished as Harry trailed off. Raven cocked his head as they reached the Dungeons.

     "How come?" The taller Potter twin asked.

     "We think he might...know...something about...you know, the heir of Slytherin." Harry explained awkwardly.

    "Or that he might be the heir of Slytherin." Ron added.

     Raven spun around before they reached the common room.

      "Why didn't you just ask me? If he knew he would've told me...and no offense but I think I would know if my best friend was trying to kill people." Raven retorted, scrunching up his nose a bit. Harry and Ron just glanced at each other, causing Raven to assume the worst.

      "Do you...not trust me anymore?...is this because everyone thinks I'm the heir of slytherin?! Because I'm not!" Raven began yelling, causing Harry and Ron to quickly speak.

     "No no, Raven I trust you, I don't think your the heir of Slytherin! We just needed to find out from Malfoy himself." Harry said.

     Raven was now angry with his brother, and decided he was going to strike a deal.

     "I'm not going to let you two talk to Malfoy. Go back to Gryffindor tower, and no one will ever know about this. Deal?" He asked.

      "Who's side are you on?!" Ron yelled, causing Harry to punch him in the arm.

      "Raven please, we just need to talk to him then we will leave ok?" Harry pleaded with his brother, but he knew it wouldn't do him much good. He knew his brother, and he knew that when he was angry with him, he wasn't willing to help him.

      "No. Either take my deal, or Malfoy finds out about this." Raven said through gritted teeth. Everyone thought he was the heir of Slytherin, and now even his own brother wouldn't take his word.

      "Fine." Harry said, grabbing Ron who was now turning back into himself, and began to run.

      Once they turned the corner, he heard three familiar voices behind them.

      "I found them, Raven." Draco said, quickly saying the password to the common room and the door opened.
     "They were in a bloody broom closet, sleeping." He said, turning to Raven who was scratching the back of his neck.

     "Heheh...great." The black haired boy muttered nervously.

     "Cmon, it's getting late." Draco said, pulling Raven by his tie. He let go when they reached their dorm, and began to undress. Raven took off his tie and shirt as well, and when he was shirtless, out of the corner of his eye he could've sworn Draco's ears turned pink. But Raven played it off as a hallucination. Raven pulled on a long sleeve black shirt and collapsed onto his bed. His thoughts interrupted by the blonde on the bed across from his.

     "Who were you talking to before I got back with Crabbe and Goyle?" Draco asked the other Slytherin.

      "Uh...my brother." Raven sighed.

     "What was he doing down in the dungeons?" Malfoy inquired, curious.

     "He came to see me...wanted to ask me something." The potter mumbled.

      "What did he ask you?"

     "Doesn't matter..." Raven rolled over on the bed. "He doesn't trust me."

     There was a moment of silence before Draco spoke. "Well I suppose-" Draco was cut off by the snoring of his best friend Raven, and laughed quietly.

     'That's just like him...'