chapter thirty six: sinking feelings

And so, Raven did happen to be right. He figured he should trust his judgement from now on. Himself and his Twin; Harry Potter, were selected for the Triwizard tournament this year at Hogwarts.

"And I told you that I didn't put my name in the goblet Harry, nor did I put yours." The darker haired boy convinced his brother.

"Alright, alright I believe you. But then who would?" His words were more of concern than of anger and Raven glanced at his brothers matching scar above his brow.

"I don't feel good about this Harry." Raven could feel chills building on the back of his neck. Harry nodded, understanding exactly how Raven felt. The two were now worried, someone was obviously out to get them. But the question is, who?

"RAVEN BLOODY HELL!" Shouted Blaise from across the hall running up to the other Slytherin and his Gryffindor brother.

"What is it, mate?" Raven raised an eyebrow.

"Draco's been looking for you for the past two hours, just get back to the dorms as soon as you can. I'll tell him to meet you there." Blaise said, then ran off.

"Well that was weird.. should I be nervous?" Raven scratched his head.

"Don't be, he's probably just worried. Ron on the other hand is furious with me, I should go and talk to him.." Harry said with some grief and annoyance in his voice.

"Don't worry, he'll get over it Harry. He will eventually realize that you didn't put your name or mine in the goblet and you'll be best mates again trust me." Raven said placing a hand on Harry's shoulder. Harry gave a small shrug and a half smile.

"See you Raven." He said.

"See you brother." Raven said, heading off to the Slytherin common room.

• • •

Raven laid on his bed and after only a few minutes Draco burst through the door, slamming it behind him. This caused Raven to jump up from his laying down position and look up at Draco with apologetic eyes.

Draco was quickly moving towards his boyfriend.

"Draco I'm sorry i-" Raven started but was cut off and shocked as the blonde practically jumped on top of him, wrapping his arms around the black haired boy like he never wanted to let go.

"Draco...?" Raven said softly, as his boyfriend clung to him. He felt the Malfoy boy shiver in his arms, and heard soft sniffling.

"B-bloody hell Raven.." he whimpered. Ravens eyes were wide as he felt his shirt grow damp from the other boys tears. Raven's heart sunk at the sound and sight of him.

     "Draco.." Raven started, wrapping his arms around the blonde.

     "Please...don't die.." Draco said into Raven's chest.

     "I'm going to be ok." Raven reassured his boyfriend, but was also reassuring himself as well.

     "Can you promise?" Draco asked, looking up and facing his gray eyes to Raven's green ones.

      "I promise." Raven stayed, unknowing that this was one of the most important promises he was making.